Floor coatings

I have a garage that I ma turning into a workshop. The floor is slab on grade, 400 sqft.

Better to just seal it, paint it, or what? Mainly I am looking for something that will make clean up easier.

Thanks

If it is concrete that was floated such that it’s nice and slick, I’d be tempted to leave it as it is. I have a 25X25 that I don’t plan on coating.

However, we had our 6,000sf cabinet shop floor coated with grey floor epoxy (hired a contractor to do it for us, we didn’t have time to do it while packing up the old shop location). So far I’m happy with the net effect— floor is nice and VERY easy to sweep up, and the even-color of the coating really helps us keep the place looking top-notch and professional.

The ONLY thing about our flooring that I’m unhappy with is the fact that dribbled solvents like lacquer thinner will very quickly strip it up. I’ve seen several similar-priced floor epoxies that stood up VERY well to lacquer thinner splatter.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

ReelShock, both Lowes and HD sell an Epoxy garage floor coating. You may have to etch the concrete depending on the condition. Not a hard job and if you want to get fancy, they even have sparkles you can put on it! Look in the paint departments.

epoxy floor paint is nice and durable. Make sure that it’s a 2 part epoxy though. Some “epoxy” kits aren’t catalyzed and they aren’t very chemical resistant.

Standard garage floor paint doesn’t do well at all. Hot tires, chemicals, solvents all attack it. It scratches too easily.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

I did mine with grey epoxy then made the mistake of sprinkling on the flakes. Have you ever tried to find a small screw, nut, washer when the floor looks just like 1000 of what you are looking for? Don’t do the flakes.

People will forget what you said…
People will forget what you did…
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quick tip on finding things on the floor, drop your flashlight. Put a flashlight on the floor, turn out the lights, the screw or nut will cast a big shadow.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn around every bend theres the promise of a treasure that can only be caught and seen in a blink.. and in your minds eye..and sometimes if youre lucky..in a picture..its there for just a minute...then gone..but hopefully once youve seen it it will remain in your heart forever. Theres nothing like the "Smell" and sounds of the creek. Its not just one thing that makes it familiar..its all of it.