Fly Choice

Came into this situation the other day and couldn’t decide what to throw.

Let’s say you come into a creek and there’s a small pack of redfish sitting in 4-6 feet of water.
What do you tie on?

I’m old school, so likely a Seaducer, Lefty’s Deceiver, Clouser Minnow or a Half & Half would be something I would throw. :smiley:

I tie them all with varying amounts of weight & the Seaducer & Deceiver weightless, so that might be where the decision would really get some scrutiny. Otherwise, any of them, plus other patterns would likely work.

Gurgler :sunglasses:

1994 Hewes Redfisher 18, 2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX
Malibu X-Factor Kayak

Easy…Phil’s Sexy Shrimp with a sinking line.

2015 201 Bay Scout
150 Yamaha

Shrimp pattern or an ep baitfish

“Gun control, it’s like trying to prevent drunk driving by making it more difficult for sober people to buy cars” -anonymous

If I ever start using sinking lines to target redfish… i’ll just quit…

Flat FLy N - apply your epoxy in layers and let dry upside down and you’ll get a fuller “carapace” on that fly…

Mad Mike

Sinking lines go where the fish live ;). I come from a long line of Wooly Buggers!

Like your idea but I wasn’t trying to make a carapace. I used the epoxy in combination with the " weed guards" to make a virtually snag free fly around the fly eating oyster rakes!!! I only lost two flies in two full days of fishing boat to shore with sinking lines.

Shrimp… everything from A to Z eats them!

2015 201 Bay Scout
150 Yamaha