Folly Area help please

hey guys the name is Doug and i will be in folly beach for a weeks vacation with the gf and another couple. we will be doing some fishing with a guide for reds but my buddy and i would like to do some bass fishing inland without traveling very far ( would love to go up to santee cooper but not going to be an option) for an afternoon or morning, we would be just walking the banks. my problem is i cannot find much if any info on any public lakes or ponds in the area i looking for a little information on some places we might be able to go get the lines wet for a few hours one day. i dont need hot spots or personal information about what to fish or how to fish it just looking for some info on where we could get away from the girls for a bit. pm me if you dont want the information to be broadcast to everyone. but this would be a one time deal maybe a stop back next year while on vacation but nothing more so any retention ponds or anything like that we would not be kicked out of if you could help with location i would greatly appreciate it thanks!!!