Folly trout 10/15/15

Had the afternoon off, so I loaded up the boat and headed to the Folly landing at around 3-3:30. It was about dead low, and it was perfectly calm, no wind (which ended up being a pain because of the bugs). Ran down the channel to a spot I had seen before and wanted to try out. As soon as I got there I was grinning from ear to ear, the bait was all over the place, finger mullet and shrimp were running solid for about 1/4 of a mile down the bank. I threw the cast net a few times and caught about 2 dozen shrimp, all medium. I started out using artificial though, as I havent fished much with live shrimp before. and on my first 20 casts I had 10 trout on the boat. They were all small though, only 2-3 being keepers. All of a sudden it went dead for about 1.5 hours, I don’t know why, the bait was still there, and was acting like it was being chased. By this time the bugs got really bad, so I said I would try the live shrimp under a cork real quick. Threw into the mouth of a creek, and the moment it hit the water, it went under. It ended up being a 16 inch red. By then I was tired of the bugs and had enough for the grill for a night. All in all was a pretty great day. Unfortunately (or fortunately)I left the phone in the truck, so I didn’t get any pictures.

1984 15ft Boston whaler
w/06 mercury 60
26ft Sea Hunt
w/ twin 150 yahmaha 4-strokes

Nice!

Long sleeves, long pants,a buff and some bug spray make for much more enjoyable evenings