Food plot suggestions

I’ve got a stand that is soupy wet. Any ideas on what to plant that will survive?

quote:
Originally posted by freedomfisher

I’ve got a stand that is soupy wet. Any ideas on what to plant that will survive?

2010 17’ JVX Carolina Skiff 40 Yamaha tiller

2002 14’ Alumacraft 30 Yamaha tiller

Rice
quote:

Banana Water Lily

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

Banana Water Lily

doesn’t sound like you need lilies for a duck plot.

It’s a little late for Alsike Clover or Durana but it can handle pretty wet areas, maybe some Japanese millet, maybe some turnips… I would not disk/till as this will just worsen wet soil structure. Other than that for the long haul maybe think about some willows which can help dry up an area and provide some grazing and cover, then there is the thought of sawtooth oak or some other variety of wet tolerant oaks. Maybe let it grow over in June berries (late tall blackberries).

Best of luck! Any chance of ditching the area?

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:

Banana Water Lily

It’s a little late for Alsike Clover or Durana but it can handle pretty wet areas, maybe some Japanese millet, maybe some turnips… I would not disk/till as this will just worsen wet soil structure. Other than that for the long haul maybe think about some willows which can help dry up an area and provide some grazing and cover, then there is the thought of sawtooth oak or some other variety of wet tolerant oaks. Maybe let it grow over in June berries (late tall blackberries).

“Why Bruce?”

no lily for a duck impoundment? Y'all,Fred is clueless again........

http://bananawaterlilies.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSbi7l1Ss1g

I have a stand of it, drop the water and all kinds of ducks ■■■■■ to it, great stuff.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
quote:

Banana Water Lily

“Why Bruce?”

no lily for a duck impoundment? Y'all,Fred is clueless again........

http://bananawaterlilies.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSbi7l1Ss1g

I have a stand of it, drop the water and all kinds of ducks ■■■■■ to it, great stuff.

Yes, it’s for deer.

quote:
no lily for a duck impoundment? Y'all,Fred is clueless again........ [/quote]

Thanks Freedomfisher, maybe the rain will slack up this fall and you can get something planted. Best of luck! From most of my game cam pictures and many others seems the big ones are still a bit nocturnal right now. Lot’s of does and a few buck in legal shooting hours.

As for Bolbie, he’s the clueless one with plenty of Daddie’s money to burn.

“Why Bruce?”

Just order a dump truck of corn to be dropped there, lot better than planting! Might have to fence it off at night

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Just order a dump truck of corn to be dropped there, lot better than planting! Might have to fence it off at night

There ya go Freedomfisher, problem solved. I’d do ear corn. Maybe you can pretend to be a Friend of Hillary and Bolbie will donate to your cause. :wink:

“Why Bruce?”

I was think if a feeding trough would be my best bet. The deer will wade to eat.

You could try Aeschynomene next year.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101