FOR ALL WHO FITS THE BILL

This is just a beautifully written piece; and so true. Take a couple of minutes to read it. You’ll be glad you did.

A WINTER FRIEND

This article is so befitting for all of us… take time to ponder… the last statement cannot be refuted:-

I FIRST STARTED READING THIS EMAIL AND WAS READING FAST UNTIL I REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. I STOPPED THEN AND STARTED OVER, READING SLOWER, AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY WORD… IT MAKES YOU STOP AND THINK.
So, please READ SLOWLY!

AND THEN IT IS WINTER
You know time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems like yesterday that I was young, just married, and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all those years went.

I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams. But, here it is… the winter of my life, and it catches me by surprise… How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those “older people” were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.

But, here it is…my friends are retired and getting grey… they move slower and I see an older person in myself now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me… but, I see the great change… Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant…but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we’d be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore… it’s mandatory! Cause if I don’t on my own free will… I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so… now I enter this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at le

Amen Brother. Good read and so true.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Pretty cool gail wins.

Double D.

Not there on a lot of the things, but slowly and surely moving towards it.

Cracker Larry would approve!

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:
Originally posted by Long Enuff

Cracker Larry would approve!
</font id=“red”>

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

bet he would too, we used to chat quite a bit about similar issues.....

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Very well said Gail Winds.
I woke up a few years ago and realized I was 50. Still find it hard to believe. And what will really make you think about your mortality. Is people that you grew up with falling over dead from heart attacks or dying from cancer. It really makes you think and appreciate every day you have on this Earth.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Now that i’m past 70 I know that 50 is young. Thanks GW, that brought tears to my eyes! How true. I can’t beleve my wife put up with me all this time.

PS. Don’t forget about changing your diet because of cholesterol high blood pressure and all that good stuff. And don’t even think I’m giving up my bacon . And turkey is not bacon.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

TURKEY IS NOT BACON , CEPT TO SNOW FLAKES IN THEIR SAFE SPACES , ITS A SUBSTITUTE FOR US OLD GEEZERS WHOSE HEARTS ARE PUMPING LARD INSTEAD OF BLOOD , TRIED IT ONCE , ( I’LL STICK TO THE LARD ):dizzy_face:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown