? for those who have zoom lenses

I have a Nikon SLR camera (can’t recall the model right now, but it is only about 4-5 years old) with the standard lens that came with it. My question is this, if I am doing an inspection and what I am needing a pic of is around 16 to 20’ high, will a 200mm zoom lens get me a pretty close up shot or would I need a larger one, or am I just way off base? i woudl have a spotlight for light if needed. I would be taking pics of steel connections and such. Just need it as if I was next to it, not micro.

Thx

The 200mm should bring it in and get some decent detail for you.If the light is low crank up the ISO and put the aperture on auto or set it stay open longer

Thanks bfg.

I sent you a PM

><>

I haven’t received it yet Flat-out

RWL,
I can receive your mail but your email system is rejecting mine. If the following zoomed-in type pictures would help you send me a PM with your phone number on it and Ill call you.

><>

Thx flat out, with what camera and size zoom is that?

No zoom… The long shots were taken with a small Cannon power shot pocket camera; the close ups were just cropped from the original long shots. I phone pictures work great also.

><>