For Those Who Knew Rachel Strickland

Well, less than a year since Dad passed, Mom just passed last Wednesday, too. Since folks aren’t reading the newspapers as much as in the past, I figured I’d post the following here so any friends of Mom and Dad that might not be reading the newspaper these days would know. She was a special lady. She will be missed.

Rachel L Strickland, devoted mother of two, grandmother of 6, and widow of the late George C Strickland, laid down her burdens on the morning of Wednesday, July 25, 2018 and went to be with the Lord Jesus Christ and God The Father, whose peace surpasses all understanding. She is survived by her two children, Brandy Keener (John) and Lee Strickland (Nicole), her brother John D Long, her sister Beverly McCain, and her six grandchildren, Kendall, Austin, Cary Ellis, Jacob, Ty, and EliYah, whom she loved dearly.

Rachel was born on January 3, 1946 in Loris, SC to Venoy and Esper Long and was raised in the small town of Longs, SC, which was founded by her grandfather. After farming for some years, Rachelle’s mother operated the general store in Longs while Venoy provided mechanic services to the town’s folk. Rachelle was a believer in Jesus, raised a Methodist, and played piano in her small-town church growing up. Later, she was a cheerleader at Loris High School before meeting the handsome Citadel graduate who married her and moved her to Charleston not long after his 1961 graduation from the historic military college of South Carolina. Rachel’s marriage to George endured for 54 years.

A true “girly girl” with childlike charm and deep compassion for people and animals, Rachel was a traditional Southern lady whose “bubbly” personality radiated an endearing femininity and a true sense of caring. She made many friends in her younger years and kept an immaculate home for her children, despite having raised several pets along the way, including no less than 5 German Shepherds and several cats. Rachel knew the love of beautiful things and passed it on to others. To say that she loved to

I could really understand the love in your words. A beautiful life. Prayers for you and yours

So very sorry to hear that Lee. My mother passed away nearly 19 years ago and there isn’t a day that goes by that something doesn’t make me think of her. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Lee.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Lee, I’m very sorry for your loss, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile:

So sorry for your loss Lee.

May they both RIP Lee , so sorry for your loss…

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Our sincerest condolences on your losses Lee. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Condolences to you and your family. Sounds like your mom was a really nice lady.

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

So sorry Lee. Peace and acceptance.

Prayers sent for you and the family

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

Sad to read this news Gotcha. Prayers to you and your family.

That’s one beautifully written tribute.

Sorry for your loss.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Thank you all. Today was a very emotional day–to say the least. It was difficult to say goodbye to the person who encouraged me the most in life, both as a child and as a man. I thank God for the good parents He gave me and for the years He allowed me to have with them.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862

So very sorry Lee.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Your mom was a very sweet lady.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16