Ford Mechanic

“Also, please coach PeaPod up on that he can’t win playing strip solitaire no matter how hard he tries…”

I’m having disturbing thoughts since reading this post.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

So the solenoids came in but not the seals, they will be in today! Hopefully the rain holds off for me to be able to do the work. Do you think it will be safe if I use my 12x12 pop up canopy in the rain to do the work or would that allow too much moist air to get in the engine?

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

PeaPod is what you call a “lemon”. Too many issues worth messing with.

StumpNocker, the canopy should be fine as long as the wind is blowing rain directly into the engine compartment. your engine gets “moisture” in it from condensation every time it goes through a heat cycle, so the humidity in the air wont be a problem.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

That’s what I wanted to hear, thanks!

Fishing Nerd

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

PeaPod is what you call a “lemon”. Too many issues worth messing with.

Lemon laws are typically for new vehicles… Peapod is a used up junker, and way beyond the warranty period…

RBF

Well the VCT solenoids seemed to have fixed it! She’s purring again! Thanks for the heads up! I’ll put you on some fish next time you’re down if you want! At the least let me buy you a drink! Thanks again!

Fishing Nerd

good deal. glad to hear it. she’s ready for another 100k miles.

ill have to take you up on that. its been way too long since ive been in some salt

Proline 201WA

Check the spark plugs, I had a 2007 that the oil seals went bad, spark plug was soaked with oil. I changed the spark plug ran OK for a while until it got fouled.
If this is the case you can have the heads reworked or get a rebuilt engine from auto zone , or any other good auto store. Took me @ 2 days to change engine, new water pump, new clutch ( manual tranny) , slave cylinder for clutch. After that ran like a top.
Was about $1000 for all parts, I had the truck for a long, Long time after that.

I had 3 boys in college at the time $1000 new engine or $30,000 new truck. Take your pick.

$1000 for reman Triton series? More like $3600+

maintaining anything is a pain, it’s great to have resources like TheMechanic that help

replaced a damaged sunroof yesterday, apparently this is a common issue, the parts are plastic and break easily, if anything gets in the track then stuff will break

Ford charges about $1800 and replaces the complete system, you can order the parts for $110 and do it yourself, yep it’s a super pain and takes 6-8 hours, it’s done and since you have to remove the passenger seat it got a full vacuum too

a couple months ago it was an HVAC blend door actuator, that requires removing most of the dash, what fun

Pioneer 197SF

yep. sunroofs and blend doors are two of my least favorite items to fix. i will no longer own any more vehicles that have sunroofs. ive had all brands of vehicles, they all break at some point, and they’re all a pain to pull and repair.

Proline 201WA