Found.........ID?

Anyone know what these may be? I was trying to learn metal detecting and came across a good lead on Johns Is., and found these 6" down. Any ideas?

K Im thinking the round things might be off a cannon ring…?? The other part might be off of a boat???

And just what, is a cannon ring:question: Must be a small cannon for the ring(?) to fit on a paper towel sheet:wink:

parts off a down rigger

Pioneer 197SF

Ok, maybeeeeeeeee not a cannon ring. Maybe large nose ring

How about a training and full size, clock ring:wink::face_with_head_bandage:

Easy, what did you add the l for!

To keep on Admin’s legal side:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Easy, what did you add the l for!

I’m a little slow this morning. When I read Easy’s comment, I was thinking “What the hell is a clock ring?” :smiley:

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by MyHooker111

Anyone know what these may be? I was trying to learn metal detecting and came across a good lead on Johns Is., and found these 6" down. Any ideas?

They look like horse harness rings I have found a bucket full of those. Were you looking in an ag area? horses & mules were the early tractors

I think it used to be an ag area at one time, but now it is…um commercial…might say aviation

The lower part looks like the part that holds the bit in the horses mouth

neat stuff the lower one looks kind of like a shackle piece that a wooden handle would go through for a farming implement. Dads got an old piece that looks sort of like it?

The others do kind of look like they could be harness rings like Naturboy said. Bought a metal detector to find some lost keys and now looking to get into this stuff. Found a few unfired old civil war bullets near a cemetery in Yemassee and quite a few modern rifle bullets on my place. Been searching on line for old battle grounds and routes taken by the Union and confederate armies. Crazy the amount of old soda bottle/can tops and tabs out there.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I can see agricultural items,just not sure why they would hang such heavy iron rings on a bridle or harness. THanks for all the replies, that really helped.

It might be a emasculator

I think it was a harness ring or a collar ring - but clock ring was funny!