Foxes in a Substation Today

Got a call this morning that we had 2 foxes in one of our substations.

Anyway, met a crew out there this afternoon with someone from county animal control. I offered to handle this myself:smiley:.

Two Gray’s were just chilling out beneath a couple breakers and we decided to enter and approach, slowly, hoping not aggressive and rabid!

Once within about 40’ they went the other way and we spread out to sort of corner them at a distance.

Anyway, once they felt some pressure, they both ran up and over that 7’ cyclone fence with the barbed wire top like there was nothing to it! Sure wish I had taken a vid of this!!

BTW, the fence had those slats slid down though it to obstruct view, so it is not like they could get their paw through it for a better grip.

Y’all seen anything like this before?

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

NN, I’ve heard they can climb trees and such, but have never seen it myself! So looked it up:smiley: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.desertusa.com/animals/gray-fox.html

They can climb almost like a a cat. It takes a good fence to hold fox.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I heard Gray fox can climb about anything but a red fox can’t.

Red Foxx could barely climb a ladder.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Buddy had a dog that would scale an 8 ft wood privacy fence. Either side was no problem.

Narcosis

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Yeah, but he always had Lamont there to help him…:sunglasses:

And Ester to tell him how:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Ha!:smiley:

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/