Free offshore trip for anyone with drone camera

We’re likely heading offshore this Sunday in our 48’ Ocean Yacht. Would like to have someone on board with a quadcopter drone (or any kind of drone they can launch and catch from our cockpit) camera that can take video of the boat in action. You get to go for free and can bring a guest. Should be a great day out there…2 foot seas at 10 seconds and 60 degrees all the way out to Georgetown Hole. Wind might pick up in afternoon and be a little sporty for some boats, but, lol, obviously not a 48 Ocean. We will be back home by 4:30 so nobody will miss the Super Bowl.

I might have a guy for you. Check PM.

Here’s his reel from 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHX4RpmusE

Your comment, “might be a little sporty for some boats, but, lol, obviously not a 48 Ocean”, is about the douchiest thing I’ve read on this website in years.

Must not read much lol

Wicked fishing
175 CC Pioneer Bay sport
90 Yamaha 4 stroke

I find that cool that John Madden likes Three Dog Night…if it gets rough out there, a Freeman will pass em and knock it down:smiley:

Good luck on the vid, nice offer!

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

lol
you mean the freeman will post conditions from 50 miles out make a few passes near the beach take a few pics and call it a day.market it as full day sips fuel… never left jetty’s lol

quote:
Originally posted by sc_shark

lol
you mean the freeman will post conditions from 50 miles out make a few passes near the beach take a few pics and call it a day.market it as full day sips fuel… never left jetty’s lol

I am not a spokesman for Freeman Boats in any way, shape or fashion.

I do though, know some folks that have been on several of the Freeman builds.

Seasoned folks with way more knowledge and experience that I have.

Personally, if my 401k works out, I will be the lucky owner of one some day, sir.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN
quote:

lol

I am not a spokesman for Freeman Boats in any way, shape or fashion.

I do though, know some folks that have been on several of the Freeman builds.

Seasoned folks with way more knowledge and experience that I have.

Personally, if my 401k works out, I will be the lucky owner of one some day, sir.

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

so do i… was just poking fun at the recent opst they had is all… its the internet its ok it really is.

but if your 401k works out… please honestly consider a used saloon sportfisher…

My apologies Irish and everyone else. Poor wording. Was simply pointing out that I notice by forecast there is a chance the wind picks up in the afternoon but that it’s a big heavy boat and should still be tolerable. Wrote it quickly. Meant nothing by it. Just trying to find someone to shoot video.

48 Ocean Yacht Sportfish
Sea Hunt Ultra 234

There is a guy over on the darkside that has been doing drone footage for a few years now. He knows about this post and wants to go. He requires groceries and booze wherever he goes though.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Irish Wake

Your comment, “might be a little sporty for some boats, but, lol, obviously not a 48 Ocean”, is about the douchiest thing I’ve read on this website in years.

I don’t see a single thing wrong with this comment, and I own one of the boats it would be sporty for. Simple fact, bigger boats can handle bigger weather.

quote:

lol

the big money bote that can't even produce a hot sawchess buiscut

Of course you could whip out the fancy little “portable grill”

Y’all are begging for someone who’s been on both boats mentioned here to compare the rough water ride of each, aren’t you?

Poke, don’t forget the extra memory cards and jimmy deans Sunday.

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

Y’all are begging for someone who’s been on both boats mentioned here to compare the rough water ride of each, aren’t you?

Poke, don’t forget the extra memory cards and jimmy deans Sunday.

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

I spent 3 years fishing a 48 ocean from the Bahamas to CHS. If somebody wants to give me a ride on a Freeman we can settle this.

Good luck on Sunday should be nice looks like if it picks up it’s going SW…

Mayhem
Pioneer 197

Just be sure that you don’t post any buoy conditions whenever you tell anybody what the ocean may or may not have been like…

Not even when you say the ocean was 3-4’s where you were and the buoy showed 5+.

If you ever rode on an ocean you could simply assume the freeman rides better. The boats should be called “lake.”

Capt. Gasper Marino
http://wadmacallit.com/
58’ B&B

What did we capture?

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

Welcome to Charleston Fishing.com, Three Dog Night:smiley:

Three dog night did you get out? Where is the Video?

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

We didn’t go. Never found anyone to shoot the video so we stayed on the dock and did some varnish work. Will post again soon looking for someone. Thanks

48 Ocean Yacht Sportfish
Sea Hunt Ultra 234