Fresh Bait near MB ???

I am coming in Friday afternoon & staying near Pier 14 at Myrtle Beach. Was planning on getting up Saturday morning & do some surf fishing. I called Pier 14 & all they have is frozen bait. Only places I know to get fresh bait is in MI. Places in MI will most likely be closed by the time I get in Friday night & did not want to have to drive to MI Saturday morning since time is limited.
Anyone know of any places near 14 that has fresh bait (shrimp & / or mullet).

Cast net in the surf and you got all the mullet you’ll need, man!!! Shrimp is a different story. May need to go to Perry’s for those.

Was hoping some place closer than going all the way to MI.
Thanks.

Like goozeman said, use a cast net in the surf near the pier and load up the mullet. Everything with gills eats mullet, either live or cut up as small as you want.

I’d rather fish than eat.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

In God We Trust

surf is FULL…CAST NET.

I’m tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth” to people who don’t have my work ethic. I’m tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I think I’m going fishing…!!

thanks guys. My cast net is a smaller one & cannot throw one so well but will take it & try anyway. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by areeldrag

thanks guys. My cast net is a smaller one & cannot throw one so well but will take it & try anyway. Thanks.

It don’t have to be Big…Just make it open…:wink:

I’m tired of being told that I have to “spread the wealth” to people who don’t have my work ethic. I’m tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it. I think I’m going fishing…!!