Fresh (Local) Shrimp??

I will take all the garlic you want to give

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

I “discovered” a June 2016 bag of shrimp I had in the freezer yesterday. The quart sized ziploc freezer bag was full of deheaded shrimp with the tails removed, frozen solid in fresh clean water almost two years ago. Thawed them out, shelled them, deveined them (wife insists) and gave them all a toss in House Autry’s seafood breading. Fried in 365d veggy oil… YES THEY WERE GREAT! Local shrimp, frozen, TWO YEARS… PERFECT for being frozen, only fresh would have been awesome-er.

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

I went up to Marvins for Crabs and they had some super fresh large shrimp, still had the long antenne things, v good, frgot to ask where they were from.

quote:
Originally posted by drterry

I went up to Marvins for Crabs and they had some super fresh large shrimp, still had the long antenne things, v good, frgot to ask where they were from.

Ga. is open

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

Hear it opened offshore mcclellanville…mostly brownies…local is always better. I can remember back in the day mom froze shrimp in d milk cartons lol.
I’ve eaten at many a restaurant that said it was something it wasn’t. Some Markets and restaurants often mis represent to make the sale. It is sad…and wrong…but most people who know seafood can tell.
Don’t think there’s a seafood I don’t like :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Just talked to Joanne at Carolina seafood…looks like it opens on the 19th…here’s hoping

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Good to know, let’s hope its a good season!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I hope so too.
Bought shrimp three times lately and felt like I could feel daddy looking down at me and shaking his head in disbelief. Lol
Sure not like the old days when we casted and I was able to keep my freezer full.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

I hope so too.
Bought shrimp three times lately and felt like I could feel daddy looking down at me and shaking his head in disbelief. Lol
Sure not like the old days when we casted and I was able to keep my freezer full.

if Bonzo catches some this Fall I’ll contribute to your freezer…Baitman approves this message…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Hahahaha…I will never forget the night we were out there in the harbor…hearing y’all’s antics was worth the trip itself.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Hey Penny. Hope yall good. Don’t forget to burn Donnie something good for Father’s day

Absolutely will.

This weekend will be tough with my daddy not here with us…but then again…he will.always be with me. I hope all of you have a wonderful father’s day too.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Good to hear pennie is still kicking!

#129303;

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Heard the boats in mcclellanville had a decent day today and there’s fresh shrimp at the dock #128522;

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Just read that the S.C. season opned yesterday! Hope to make it down to pull my net next week!

Now that the season is in,does anyone know where to get some fresh local shrimp near Moncks Corner or goose Creek? I hate to send my boys all the way to McClellanville.

Don’t know but when I checked friday 31/35 brown shrimp heads on are 2.50lb Carolina seafood

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Thanks

Sent the boys to get some shrimp this morning and they looked good,not big and tough.Fifty pound minimum in order to get the 2.50/lb price but you can’t beat it.I’m sure the freeloaders around here won’t have a problem going through em.haha Thanks again Penny:)