Friday 7-25

Pulled out of Shem Creek just after 7:00am with my regular partner his father and another elder. Headed to the ol top secret hole past the Commanche. We have not counted yet, but we should have 10-12 scamp(2 big), some red hinds,kings,50#aj,yellow tail snapper(sm), a yellow jack,b liners,big white porgs, pink snapper(200 released) and others. Should have had many more grouper but the old folks were getting pulled into the rocks. Time to restock the lead bucket. First trip with new motor. 115nm and 64 gal. fuel. the old Merc275 would have burned 105gal+oil= $200 saved per trip. Ran out at 25-30mph in at 40mph. Thanks to the crew. I had a blast.

Great day! glad you guys got on some good fishing. And your motor held up good numbers too!
What is the new motor by the way?

Great job Sounds like you guy’s slayed them congrats on the day

Big Ron
196 CC Sea Pro
150 Verado

Thanks,it was a great day and a calm ocean to boot. It was 2 months ago when the Merc blew so we were ready. It’s a Yamaha F250 on a Pro Line 260 W/A.

nice catch!

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

how about that another satisfied yamaha owner after owning a mercury. Im not surprised. Congrats on the fishing.

From reds to marlin you got it.
2001 210 Sea Fox
2009 Yamaha F150

2008 Skeeter 24V
2008 Yamaha F250
(Team Boat)

That Merc. lasted 16 years.

congrats KP… i saw you guys were gone a while and was hoping that was the intended float plan LMAO!! :face_with_head_bandage:

that old merc left you bobbin in the water a couple times.

glad you had a good day and a full cooler.

quote:
Originally posted by phishinphan

congrats KP… i saw you guys were gone a while and was hoping that was the intended float plan LMAO!! :face_with_head_bandage:

that old merc left you bobbin in the water a couple times.

glad you had a good day and a full cooler.

I'll get you on the next trip. It was so calm I had to take the old folks. Cuzs dad is 76.

sounds like a plan.