Friday Better than Nothing

Finally able to take advantage of some “decent” weather, but as my friend worked Thursday, had to encounter the winds Friday. So worked Beard’s Creek, especially around 40 Love, to be buffeted from the wind a little bit. Tried to work 20 feet of water and less but the wind still often got hold of us and pushed us around. Never encountered any concentrations, but often marked fish, usually around the points and entrances to the cuts. Water temp almost 61 degrees back of the creek. Pulling much longer leaders than usual behind my boards, they unfortunately often got fouled up by weeds, or fouled together if the wind decided to do a number on us. Anyway, caught three (and missed two bringing them in). The female was a nice chunky 25 incher but the 26 inch male was streamlined and really milked up my fishbag. Most “action”, such as it was, was on a float with 15 feet of leader. Still it was a nice day (after what we’ve had to deal with) with good company, but Spring can’t get here quick enough for me.

Good deal, Mike.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish