Friday night storm dodge

Me, wife, and daughter left out around 5ish to run and get some fiddlers so we could try and get some sheeps or black drum for dinner, but couldn’t find any so cut bait it was. Only had about an hour so fished a few places around drum island. Daughter hooked a huge trout on cut mullet under a cork. As soon as we got it to the boat before we could net it, it either spit hook or we pulled it out of its mouth. LOL. she was so upset. I told her that no pictures means it never happened! hahahaha. It definitely would have been dinner, but ham sandwiches instead. Going to try again tomorrow.
Tight Lines!

1 Like

The wife and I had planned on slipping off yesterday afternoon. But the rain started here in North Myrtle Beach around 2:00 and it just pounded.
Bad thunderstorms and extremely heavy rain till around 6:30.
Plan on fishing a little this morning before work. Told the guys yesterday I was going to be a little late this morning.
But it’s raining hard this morning. So hi ho hi ho off to work I go

I feel your daughter’s pain. I still feel the sting of losing a huge flounder right at the boat while fishing in Clouter Creek. It haunts me when I drive over it on 526.

Thanks for the report, and the idea of catching trout on cut mullet. I always believed ANY fish would hit cut mullet, but NEVER thought about cut mullet under a cork??

Something new every day, right.

It was only like 4’ along the grass so i was wanting to float the bait with the tide and see what we could find.

Roger on that. Sounds good.

Great report! Nothing like some water time like that. My 3rd largest trout came on a piece of cut mullet on the bottom. I was watching a show on the sportsman channel the other day and the guys were putting crab chunks under a bobber… Doesn’t matter how they get it in their face, just get it there! :+1: