Friends, please look here...

Hi friends,

I wanted to call attention to the SSWA annual oyster roast, on Friday, Nov 13th. It’s a fantastic party and proceeds go directly to the Dorchester Children’s Center, a very worthwhile charity. DCC advocates for abused children from Dorchester and nearby counties. You wouldn’t believe the number of children they serve each year.

The charity portion is the brainchild of our own Vinman’s daughter Megan, and the entire Vin-Family, puts in countless hours to make it a success.

You don’t need to be a member, or even a fisher-person to come enjoy the food and music and party. You won’t be pressured to join either.

Please consider coming out and hanging out with us and enjoying a great November oyster roast.

Details here: http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=158452

Thanks,
-Dave (Optiker)

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Thank you for the kind words, Dave. I’ve been amazed at how the amount we’ve given to charity has grown over the years, and I honestly attribute it to what a great party it is! The food is amazing, the venue top notched, great music (a few more shaggers out there dancing every year). And the price is a STEAL. Kids under 10 free AND they’ll have an area to hang out and play while the parents enjoy their night!

As I like to say, it truly is a GREAT time for a GREATER cause, and people who have come in the past tell their friends and come back each year. Just an absolute top shelf event.

AND WE ARE HAVING OYSTERS!!</font id=“size5”> The green light has been turned on and the oysters will be plentiful!

I’m ready for another special night!

Vinman
“Every saint has a past, every sinner a future”
www.summervillesaltwateranglers.com
2011 Carolina Skiff 178DLV
90 HP Honda

posted on my Charleston Oyster Roasts’ Facebook page…hope y’all kill it!
https://www.facebook.com/Charleston-Oyster-Roasts-134112170028407/

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

This is a great event! Come out and join in the fun and help a great cause. Each year I see kids winning tons of great gifts from the drawings and you won’t meet a better group of people.

Just took a peak at the weather! UNBELIEVABLE Friday night! 60’s and clear, a perfect night for an oyster feast!

CAN

NOT

WAIT!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

Went by Miler CC last night. He has OVER 20 BUSHELS of oysters coming!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

I would come by if you can give directions from the Trident Hospital area.

sophish thats great! Just come up Trolley towards Summerville. When you get to 5 points take a left onto 17A. Follow about 1 mile and look for a small white sign “Miler Country Club” on the left side of road. Take that straight back and park in the lot. The party will be in the back, cant miss it.

I’ll let Cantore know y’all are pleased with the forecast…good luck and good fundraising! sorry we can’t make it…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Thanks, Carl.

http://www.summervillecountryclub.com/ is the link for the country club and has a click for directions.

We were there crossing T’s and dotting I’s tonight. MAN are we lined UP! And with the expected crowds, the manager is adding shrimp corn chowder and shrimp gumbo to the menu - along with allllll the rest he has laid out for us.

He also said that this is Summerville’s first oyster roast of the season! TIME TO EAT!

Gonna be a good 'un!:smiley:

Vinman
90 HP Honda

The sun is setting and the oysters are getting nervous!

Time to make it happen!

Vinman
90 HP Honda

Good luck! Give Meg a big hugg for me!:smiley:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Hope last night was a huge success. Sorry we weren’t able to make it down.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Wish it had been on a Saturday !

2013 Tidewater 180CC
115 Yamaha

Thanks everyone. You know the saying “it’s always crowded at the finish line”, well we are all pumped up and want to brag on the success of the party. But I want to say that if it weren’t for Vinman and his family the party would not be a shadow of what it has become.

The party was phenomenal. All the local salty awesome oysters you could eat, tuna, salmon, crab cakes, etc. Lee Ray and his staff at Summerville Country Club really hit it out of the park.

Over 200 people, tons of great auction and raffle items, etc. Thanks to the generosity of the club, board members, and in particular our sponsors. I’d like to specifically mention Haddrells Point, our loyal sponsor since day 1, who were especially generous.

The club named the event “Megan’s Gift” in honor of this bright, pretty, big hearted young woman.

And our final donation to DCC: $9,800!

Hope y’all consider coming to our party next year, it’s a great party :slight_smile:

It truly was an amazing evening. Thanks for the kind words, Dave. I’m still a bit shocked - $9,800! Over $22,000 in 5 years! </font id=“size4”>

And ALL going to help local children with more than just Christmas gifts. Santa will give new shoes, coats, school clothes, book bags, supplies, and in my mind the most precious gift of all - DIGNITY - to kids who have little choice in their lot in life, but deserve as great a chance as we can give them to have a good one.

Just a special, special night. And I’ll echo those thank you’s and more. Many gave, many came, all left smiling!:smiley:

Vinman
90 HP Honda

WOW!! Great job SSWA and all of the people who made this event possible. Vince and his family are tireless workers on this event. I am proud to be associated with such a fine family fishing club. The folks I invited said it was the best oyster roast yet and are already looking forward to next year’s event.

Below is a link to some pics from the party. Photobucket kind of wrestles me, so this doesn’t tell the whole story, but hopefully it gives a glimpse at what an AWESOME time we had!

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=159167

Vinman
90 HP Honda