Front loader or Top loader on your washing machine

What say you? I know front loaders hold moisture and some say they don’t get your clothes clean, just curious what the good folks of CF think

23 says you only need 20 baits for a day of fishing.

Top Loader-Speed Queen

Had a front load Samsung (not affected by recall) but switched to top load LG.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Front loader. Works so far (4 years)

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Have front loading LG and Whirlpool. No issues.

You do need to leave door open when not in use tho.

The spin cycle is so high that it removes a lot of the water vs old top loader we used to have. That equals less juice to dry!

NN

Who give a ****. Washing clothes is for women.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Major home appliance recommendations/purchases are in Skinneej’s wheelhouse…

He’ll prolly endorse getting the front end loader, so kids can watch it like a tv…

RBF

Last 2 front loaders we had got a mildew smell. Some sort of gasket keeps needing repair around the glass. We have top loaders now. No mildew smell. Repair man said it was common on the front loaders.

The smell was the reason we switched. Didn’t matter how often you cleaned it or change filters, the smell kept coming back.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Top load HE, the best I’ve used. One trick is to leave the lid open when not being used, helps keep the drum dry.

quote:
Originally posted by dparker677

Top load HE, the best I’ve used. One trick is to leave the lid open when not being used, helps keep the drum dry.

We always leave them open. The front loader leaks around the front gasket and water is trapped behind the gasket. So, it can't air out when door is open.

We have a top loader as well. Thought I was going to have to replace it this week but I got my tools out and fixed it. Drain pump motor went out. A quick YouTube video showed me what to do, found the part online for $20 and picked it up locally for $50. About an hour later she was washing clothes.

YouTube is awesome. I’ve fixed cars, dryers, etc. using videos from there. We have 2 neighbors with front loaders. They have complained about the smell and said they would not buy another because of it.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Top loader? Looks like a really cheap front loader to me.

You all are buying the wrong front loaders. Buy a German made Miele and never look back. Things are built like a tank.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Washing machines have been top loading since they were invented. Something “different and new” doesn’t always equate to “better”.

But I agree with Geronimo, they are for women…

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Regarding front loader smell: I did some online research on this 5-6 weeks ago. There are 2 main reasons for the smell: 1) Moisture trapped inside the drum and the detergent drawer when not in use. Leave them open except when washing clothes. 2) People use WAY too much detergent, softener, etc. You might think that using more detergent would be good, but it isn’t. The reason is, because of the small amount of water that front loaders use, the detergent is never fully rinsed away. Bacteria actually feed on the detergent residue.

If you have a smelly front-loader (or want to avoid smells), cut back detergent use to 2 tsp. per load (TEAspoons, you read it right). That’s all we use and our clothes are every bit as clean as before…maybe cleaner. Plus you save a lot of detergent. Leave the door and detergent drawer open all the time, except for when washing clothes of course.

p.s. Why are women’s feet smaller than men’s?

So they can stand closer to the sink! :smiley:

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Either one beats a rock in the creek! Remember when we drew water out of the well and had a wash board! We’ve come a long way in 70 years! The women have it made today but won’t admit it!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

Regarding front loader smell: I did some online research on this 5-6 weeks ago. There are 2 main reasons for the smell: 1) Moisture trapped inside the drum and the detergent drawer when not in use. Leave them open except when washing clothes. 2) People use WAY too much detergent</font id=“size2”>, softener, etc. You might think that using more detergent would be good, but it isn’t. The reason is, because of the small amount of water that front loaders use, the detergent is never fully rinsed away. Bacteria actually feed on the detergent residue.

If you have a smelly front-loader (or want to avoid smells), cut back detergent use to 2 tsp. per load (TEAspoons, you read it right). That’s all we use and our clothes are every bit as clean as before…maybe cleaner. Plus you save a lot of detergent. Leave the door and detergent drawer open all the time, except for when washing clothes of course.

p.s. Why are women’s feet smaller than men’s?

So they can stand closer to the sink! :smiley:

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

FACT! One of my best friends has an appliance repair company. This issue and the mildew issue are the 2 biggest complaints. Leaving the door open/cracked will nip the mildew in the bud. As far as the smell… 2 day old detergent that has sat trapped in a machine can and will gag a maggot. I went with my buddy to assist on a bad pump replacement and the machine was only down 2 days… we both darn near threw up and had to open windows and spray air freshener just to finish the job. Use minimum detergent, change/clean filters when you change your AC filter, and leave door cracked when not in use. Front end loaders and excellent machines and do wash clothes really well.

Fishing Nerd

"skilled labor isn’

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

We have a top loader as well. Thought I was going to have to replace it this week but I got my tools out and fixed it. Drain pump motor went out. A quick YouTube video showed me what to do, found the part online for $20 and picked it up locally for $50. About an hour later she was washing clothes.

Nothing you’ve ever done has impressed me until today; know that.

Good job.

Judging by Fritz’s recent videos, it’s obvious that fixing a washing machine is easier than throwing a “pancake” with your cast net.