Fuel Line Replacement on '96 SeaPro 180cc

I am repowering my 96 SeaPro 180cc. I have taken the console off to be repaired and repainted. While it is off, i want to replace the 27 year old fuel lines. it looks like the only way to do this is to cut the deck where the console was. Does anyone know of someone in the lowcountry that can do this (cut, replace lines, repair deck)?

Hydro Craf Boats
(843) 553-5898

Hydro Craf Boats - Google Search

And/or maybe

Tall Sail Marine
(843) 437-6650

Tall Sail Marine - Google Search

Welcome back to the site Sammie!

Is there no access hatch to the sending unit, under the console?

There should be?

I think you can access the fuel fill barb, on the tank, from the battery/bilge compartment, on those older Sea Pro’s?

And the fuel fill end, by removing a rod holder?

If you’re going to the expense of having to cut the floor to replace the fuel hose, a new tank might be a good choice, at this point.

Keep us posted!

This SeaPro has a tiny access to the tank hatch directly above the fuel sender. I drained the tank and even bought a little cheap scope from Amazon to look around in there. Strangely, there is no fuel line on the anti-siphon valve. I have had this boat since 2001, and have replaced the fuel sender in it once. There never has been a hose there. I have tried my best to trace the fuel line by hand; I can’t find any loose end. I know I have never taken it off the barb. There is another place on the tank (that I can’t find with the scope) where the fuel pick-up line must be. Judging by the way the fuel lines run, it seems like it is in the area of the fuel filler hose.

I hate the thought of cutting into the deck, but replacing the tank is certainly a good idea if it comes to that. I even talked to the OEM tank manufacturer, and they were not sure which model tank of theirs SeaPro might have used in the '96 model. Still, I find it hard to believe that there would be a second pick-up, but maybe the factory had to do a modification.

I suppose I could roll the dice and re-power without doing this, but my gut tells me to swap out those 27 year old lines while the boat is torn down.

Since you say there’s no hose prior to the anti siphon valve, and, they were notorious for failure.

I can only guess that the fuel hose has already been replaced, before, possibly eliminating the valve?

Maybe with the old hose left in the hull, making it confusing to trace the newer one?

I still think access to the fuel fill barb is through the bilge area?

1 Like

Oh, and I can get to the fuel fill hose by removing the hatch cover below the fuel cap. I can only see so much, because of the fiberglass that insulates and holds it in place. No way to see the fuel pick-up barb from there, though. The fuel line by the fuel water separator has a hose barb next to the cutout for the steering cable and other lines. That will be a bear to get off and change, too.

The barb I’m referring to will be on the fuel tank, itself.

Sounds like you’re looking in the right direction.

Tight work indeed.

Good Luck!

Keep us posted

Will do. Thanks to all. Thanks for the lead, StumpNocker.

I bought the boat from the original owner, but it was only five years old at the time. I am pretty sure that the fuel lines have never been monkeyed with. But, why the anti-siphon valve with no hose connected to it? Worst case, i pay someone to cut it and have to re-glass it. I can’t get to it any other way.