Full size truck leveling kit

Anyone have this done on their truck? Looking for recommendations as to where to get this done locally and what price I should be expecting. I see the kits online for $149; how much labor is involved?

2014 Silverado 4x4 crewcab

Labor is easy. For your truck I believe is a spacer at the bottom strut mount that actually lifts the suspension. I’ve done a couple of those in my driveway, along with the spacers that go between upper coil bucket and top of strut. They’re not very involved, and can be done in the driveway very easily. Remember to get an alignment when done.

I’d be willing to help if you need it.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Don’t buy that spacer crap to level the truck. Do it the proper way, and rebuild the coilovers to gain 0"-1.85" of lift without screwing up your steering geometry. Coilover suspensions are stupid easy to work with. Just remove the coilover, rebuild with the new shock on your bench, and reinstall.

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/product/24-238304/407474/4WD

http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/user_upload/user_upload_us/pdfs/Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

The Bilsteins will ride better than stock, the spacer kit will cause the truck to drive worse than stock.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Did you adopt a 17yr old? What’s wrong with you?

Depends on what she looks like and how close it is to her 18th birthday:imp::wink::smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Depends on what she looks like and how close it is to her 18th birthday:imp::wink::smiley:

Ziinnggg!

I’m with 7cs, you must be reverting to teenage-hood

you gettin a squat bo?

while leadenwah boy is over there helpin you, get him to help with your sticker placement.

I’m no good with sticker placement, but I can turn a wrench…

Waiting on the new Bilstein 5100’s to show up for my truck this week. I can’t wait to ditch the spacer that is on my truck.

Wadmalaw native

I guess I’m clueless, don’t even know what a leveling kit is and I drive a truck.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Most new trucks come with the front end lower than the rear…trucks only look “leveled” when loaded down. A leveling kit in this instance is just a spacer that raises the front end a bit to match the stance of the rear.

Wadmalaw native

Now I know.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Now I know.

Many years ago when the Truck craze as came about, I wondered the same. I’ve always thought a truck should be higher in the azz end like the factory does for practical purposes. But since most trucks are used for pleasure and seldom carry much of a load, I guess a lot like a “level” appearance. Put a few kits on myself for friends and family.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Did you adopt a 17yr old? What’s wrong with you?

I want to stuff bigger rubber in there…

That’s what she said.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

you gettin a squat bo?

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

you gettin a squat bo?

It’s called a Carolina Squat…I didn’t know that existed.

But yes, I’m definitely doing that!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

you gettin a squat bo?

Yea that would look good. And while your at it you should skate it.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:

you gettin a squat bo?

Big craze around Myrtle Beach, saw a young chick driving a truck with a “ONLY GIRLS SQUAT” sticker across the front windshield.

I can see squatting a 2 X 4 with some big slicks in the back and a lot of ponies up front, but I just don’t get doing that to a 4X4. To each there own!

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

That looks like a total waste to me.

Curious as to whether there is some weight in back and needs to be on level ground for the pic.

So much for leveling…

Saw one the other day like that and it had a faded Obama/Biden sticker on the bumper.

JMO.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/