Fun Time Gun Time...

Last Sunday afternoon at the gun club with the Wife and Daughter. Red got to shoot her new muzzle loader and 20 gauge 301 single shot. Her and Mom also got in a few hundred rounds with Red’s SR-22 handgun, and Ruger American rimfire compact.

Have her muzzle loader sighted in with Federal Bor-Loc bullets and 100 grains of Pyrodex pellets. These are easy for her to load herself since she will be hunting solo some this year ( not to far from me, but in stand alone ) and my Sabots were to difficult for her to load.

Her 20 gauge is sighted in with TSS #8/#10 shot. Should be good on a Turkey out to 50 yards.

Deer target is at 100 yards.

Silhouette target is at 7 yards.

Learn new stuff all the time, I’ve never heard of the #8/10 blend or that small a shot for turkeys. Neat stuff and good reviews on the web about it. She should be deadly on the deer with that rifle and grouping. The pistol grouping is fantastic and consistent. Just a tiny pull on a couple of rounds. :smiley: Wouldn’t want to be down range from the Wife or Daughter.

I have her red dot sighted in at 40 yards with Winchester Long Beard #6 which shoot well enough at 40 yards to hunt with, but I picked up one box of the TSS 8/10 just to see how well it shot. The TSS hit just a little lower than the #6s did, so if she aims at the head ( instead of the neck ) at 50 yards, Turkey is having a bad day.

One of my friends hunts Turkey with a 410 ( same model my Daughter’s 20 gauge is ) with #9.5 TSS, and has killed them clean at 60 yards. He is using a slightly tighter choke though than what comes with these guns.

Her 22 pistol is a double action. I have her fire it double action on the first shot which causes the first shot to go left a little, since the trigger is harder to pull. After that first shot it’s single action so much easier.

Always enjoy your posts. Brings back a lot of memories with my girls. That daddy daughter time is priceless… Before you know it she’ll be grown up and out of the house with the family of her own. Where did the time go? Grandkids are great but it still not the same. .

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Time well spent, no doubt!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I so appreciate these posts and the time that you spend with your family. Its not the norm anymore. We love seeing these!

And even for the people that don’t agree with gun ownership, the simple fact that you are taking the valuable time to teach your kids gun safety, is tremendous, and will provide them a lifetime of knowledge that may well one day save their lives or the life of someone around them.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Amen Ricky, like I said, time spent with your kids is time well spent, regardless of the activity. We spent a lot of time with our boys and thank God, neither of them grew up like me.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?