Galaxy S5, S6, S7 and S7 Edge

debating older S5 due to water resistance vs. a newer model and buying a water case…those that own one of these, what are your pros and cons? I’ve got a Note 3 now and love it, so not really sure I wanna give it up just yet…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

If you are not completely wed to the Galaxy phones, the Motorola Moto G and X are water resistant. There is even a Youtube video of someone sitting theirs in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. I have an older model G and it has been great. My youngest has a newer G and he likes it as well.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I have the S5 and love it. It works when Samantha’s iPhone doesn’t a lot of times. She has a new one, no idea what it is though, but she just got it a week ago. I’m no techie, but I hear you can add software and manipulate the OS alot easier on these phones if that means anything to you. Open source third party blah blah something or other.

Pretty water resistant. In the rain is no big deal usually, but of course it’s not 100% waterproof. And it’s no where near the size of that monstrous phone you have.

There’s also that new phone being advertised on TV now with some disgusting rapper pouring expensive beverages all over his phone and still using it… but I wouldn’t buy that out of sheer principal of that idiotic commercial.

Peepod told me to band you for asking such a question here, but I enjoy making him angry by not listening, so you win this battle…

May all your favorite bands stay together…

I recently went from an S6 Active (water RESISTANT) to an Iphone 6s. I needed the Iphone to run credit cards as my specific model Samsung wouldn’t run the specific app on AT&T. Any other model or any other network combination would work except the one I had.

I had an otterbox and found when water got under the screen protector (which happened multiple times every single day…) I would have to take it apart to clean before I could use it. That was a pain in the ass but other than that specific gripe, I have no complaints about either.

We just got the S7 today,I have not been able to figure out all the bells and whistles just yet.

Double D.

My wife has S6 with a lifeproof case. I can’t say anything about it other than she hates the case because it covers the earpiece on the phone and makes it harder to hear the conversation. Also the S6 doesn’t have a memory card slot, so that was a big negative for me.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

fwiw I’ve had the S5 for over a year and it gets wet on a regular basis and works just fine. It’s a little small on the internal memory which sucks though.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I have an S7 in an Otterbox, so far so good but I’ve only had it 6 months. I’ve had a couple on Motorola Droids, but like the Samsung better. My wife has an S5, about 3 years old and she hasn’t killed it yet.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

23sf bought a phone just after this commercial aired…whaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aF23XpBwU

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

fwiw I’ve had the S5 for over a year and it gets wet on a regular basis and works just fine. It’s a little small on the internal memory which sucks though.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

does the S5 not have a slot for an SD card? and is the battery replaceable? I’ve got a HUGE added battery on my Note 3 (hence 23’s comment about how big the dern thing is) and can go for a VERY long time without charging it…

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

does the S5 not have a slot for an SD card? and is the battery replaceable? I’ve got a HUGE added battery on my Note 3 (hence 23’s comment about how big the dern thing is) and can go for a VERY long time without charging it…

Yes you can add extra memory and I have but you have to move stuff around from time to time. 25% of the phone is preloaded with stuff. And yes the battery is replaceable. '

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

23sf bought a phone just after this commercial aired…whaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aF23XpBwU

That’s one of the problems with this country…

May all your favorite bands stay together…