Gander Mountain is coming

in the fall of 2014 to North Charleston on Rivers Ave across from Northwoods Mall. GM will be in the same shopping center as Ollie’s and Sports Authority. WOOT! WOOT!

I believe Sports Authority will have a difficult time staying in business next to GM.

j

I stopped in at the Gander Mountain on the outskirts of Charlotte on Hwy 74 last weekend. It was a great looking store with a lot of nice stuff, but the prices were outrageously high. I won’t be back.

GM near Charlotte not that great. They have more clothes than anything and they are high.

I’ve never been impressed with GM. Seems like it’s mostly for camping hippies… If I had to rank “Outdoors” megastores, both Bass Pro and Cabela’s would come before GM.

you guys are deflating my expectations. I haven’t spent much time in a GM and now beginning to wonder if it will be worth the trip up to NC.

j

Not worth the drive. Go to Bass Pro or Cabelas. We’re getting a Bass Pro here in 2015 across 26 from Northwoods Mall. I hate going to N Chuck but I’ll deal with it to go to there.

2012 Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc, Foil & Jackplate

The biggest problem with any of these big box stores is the employees. I was in Bass Pro in MB in June trying to buy a few things for a trip to Florida in July. The guy that tried to help me knew less about fishing and fishing gear than I do. I left in frustration and decided I would just go to the World Wide Sportsman in Islamorada. Quite honestly, they employees there were not anymore helpful. What I found particularly funny was that the awning over the exterior doors said, “Fine products sold here”. I needed an anchor (another story) and all they had was a piece of crap “made in China” thing that I refused to spend my money on. I asked an employee if they had any other choices. He looked at me like I had 2 heads and said, “we sell a lot of those, they must work just fine”. I stated that I wanted something a little better quality and he said, “its just an anchor”.

Most of that store is full of Guy Harvey and saltlife clothing, stickers and tervis cups. That is mostly what I saw people buying. I guess that is what they really focus on now.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Nothing against you if you like any of the big box stores, but Haddrell’s is 2 miles from my house and i’ve never felt the need to venture any further. I may have found the same rod/reel/tackle cheaper on the internet but never had buyer’s remorse. If you find you’re the smartest person in the room, you never learn anything. And i’m certainly never the smartest when i walk in to HP.

This is how I feel in most big box stores
http://youtu.be/XFWeoxrhbE8

2012 Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc, Foil & Jackplate

Doug, In the future try Simpson’s Hardware in Sumter. Decent selection of hunting, fishing, and shooting gear. Pretty fair prices, and the staff know what they are selling. Worth the drive to me!