Gander Mountain

Store closing sale! Unbelievable prices!

yeah, right!

Went up there yesterday and was reminded on why they are going out of business, high prices. Even their 20-50 % off prices are high. For example, they have a S&W SD9VE reduced to $322 (from $379). I can find a better price (approx $90 less) at Academy or online. Another example was a basic soft rifle case. I bought one from them a few months ago for $9.99. Now they are listed at $12.99 before the discount.

If I didn’t know better I would swear they jack up the original price first then offer a discount.

Maybe I will go back when they offer 50-75% off. Then maybe I will find something I can do without but will buy anyway.

I had such high hopes when they opened. dang.

j

By the time the big discounts are given, everything worthwhile has already been picked over. Have been to these type store liquidations before, and have never gotten any really good deals.

I just read where Gander Mt is not really going away. They were bought by Camping World and the local store is only moving to a new location in North Charleston. I think it is to be called Gander World. Or some other type of mix-mashed name like that.

j

Camping World bought the name, not the product. so Gander is trying to get rid of the product, but nothing really seems to be on sale.

The new name will be Gander outdoors, i think. and Camping world, Gander Outdoors and Overton are supposed to be in the same space soon.

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho they have a S&W SD9VE reduced to $322 (from $379).

Are you looking for that gun in particular? I have a 40 I’m willing to let go of.

23, if that’s an SW40VE, upgrade the trigger with the Apex spring kit. Its a totally different gun after that.

If I’m posting, its because I’m sitting here at work, dreaming about fishing.

appreciate the offer sailfish. But I am not looking. I have the 9ve already and it was a good find. Got it for 265 couple of years back. I was just looking at gander mt to validate my conspiracy theory. That being these “Store Closing sale” probably raise prices before the sale.

just a theory though. No proof.

j

Typically the liquidator will raise the price to full landed MSRP and start lowering the % price week by week.