Gander Outdoors

opening this Saturday in the slot previously occupied by the overpriced Gander Mountain. Is anyone going this weekend to check it out? I wonder if there is going to be changes other than the name.

j

They might actually do well now after folks start banning going to Dicks and Field and Stream.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Finally went there on Saturday. meh! Nothing special.

It looks like the old Gander Mountain but with less inventory. And still high priced. I doubt I be making any more special trips up there to shop.

I sure wish Academy Sports would open a store here in Charleston.

j

I agree with us needing an Academy!!!

RRR
Sea Hunt
BX 22 BR
Carolina Blue

It was bought out and re-opened by that one idiot that said that anyone who voted for Trump need not shop at any of his stores. Then crawfished when told that probably wasn’t a good idea. I will spend my money at local shops.

Not that I think Trumps all that great, he just isn’t Hillary

quote:
Posted - 03/14/2018 : 09:38:22 AM Not that I think Trumps all that great, he just isn't Hillary

Lots of folks in that camp.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Bass Fishing gear seemed to have a better selection. A little more dialed into our area.

Price on a few items were pretty good. Senkos for example were $6.99 compared to $8.49 at Bass Pro Shop, $8 at F&S, and $6.37 at Walmart (if you can find them).

Not sure about the “club” membership situation. Didn’t see any literature on it and didn’t feel like waiting in line to ask anyone.
Advertised 10% off for members but then wasn’t exactly clear on what items were 10% off.

It’s my closest fishing store besides Duncans gas station.
Lots of shelves left to fill so trying to keep an open mind.

I think it is called The Good Sam Club and is about $50 for two years. They touted double discounts as well as other specials that occur at various times. I don’t know if all items are included or only certain ones. Such a club membership would only make sense if you plan on spending at least $501 on something every two years or doing your regular shopping there. I know I won’t be shopping there enough (if at all) to make it worthwhile.

I hope the store makes it but from my initial impressions it will go the way of GM unless they change.

j