Garmin GPS maps

I want to add a chip to my old school 740S GPS to cover Moultrie and Marion. I’ve got the coastal maps installed, but it stops short of the locks. Is there a download available or do I need to go to West Marine and buy a physical SD card for this?

Anyone have a copy they want to send my way?

Dumb question but have you checked the Garmin website? I used to have something called Garmin Express that would let me upgrade my 431S but haven’t used it in a few years.

You might give Garmin’s “Active Captain” app a try? It might let you upgrade your coastal charts enough to include the Santee lakes? If not, you can purchase the downloads there.

Whatever happened here?

I still got nothing

I was going to open up a new post pertaining to “Garmin”. I was set to pull the trigger on a 943xsv? But, after researching on the “Interweb” I find out that Garmin’s support has a conflict with their Navionics’s software"?

WTF?

1 Like

And no resolution from Customer Support?

1 Like

Let us know 23SF?

1 Like

Calling Garmin is my next step. My unit is 10 years old, but works fine otherwise. I just wanted to add the lakes for an upcoming trip and its turning out to be a pain. Its not as simple as adding a SD card and then the maps show up.