Garris Landing etiquette question

I was chatting with the old timer on the quad who manages the landing and he told me a story about a guy on a date with a showroom new 23 ft deep v. He told the guy not to launch as it was silted in and low tide. He did anyway. He said by the time he was done the boat was completely covered in mud, the motor cooling passages were packed with mud, the boat was stuck sideways, and he had to close the landing for a few hours.

I made it in with the whaler on a negative low, barely, dragging bottom. That dredging was a total loss.

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Dude on the quad is awesome. 60s hippy. My kinda people

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

Ya, he’s awesome!

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

that story he told you is fun.

ask him about the eclipse crowd next time you see him. it’s a hoot.

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

it’s a sh*tty ramp anyway. I tell everybody so. move on to Buck Hall or Remleys-you’ll be glad.

Hey Pea I’ll help you pull the floating dock out to sea at Garris if you help me out at bushy .We can blame it on Irma.Bushy was nice when they had just dammed it off.

as$man, I was told that bushy would stay filled in until Nucor and BP close and quit their tug traffic.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Dude on the quad is awesome. 60s hippy. My kinda people

Hes a cool dude, has alwasys helped me park and has time to chat.

If it fly’s, floats, or, friggs, rent it!

Hey Pea,thanks for the info on bushy.By the way ,how did you know about the vanity plate on my El Camino? Hey,the as$man is in town.

Do you have to pay to use the ramp at Buck Hall? Or is payment just for the camping folk?

You must pay. $5 the last time I was there.Put it in envelope provided and drop in place provided.Or you can buy a yearly pass at office.Dont remember location but it’s not at landing.