Garris Landing

Anybody use Garris landing? Would cut down on ride time from the IOP marina to some of my fishing spots. Didn’t really know if it was a safe landing to use and park a truck. I would only be there during the day time, never leaving a truck at night. Also, does tide effect being able to use the ramp? I have a hewes 21 redfisher so not a really dee draft boat anyway. Thanks in advance for any help

Hewes Redfisher 21/200 VMAX

It’s gated and closes at at dark, just so you know. Yes it does depend on tide. It gets pretty shallow at low, I’ve had to pole my jon boat out of there before.

Thanks for the reply. Gated and closing at dark works for me so that’s not an issue. I’ll have to try it and see then if it’s that shallow. And plan on coming back on a mid tide or higher

I draft 9" and can get out at low tide. Parking gets real tight when shrimp and oyster season open up. Once the hype is gone, it’s not too bad. My biggest complaint is the lack of a bait/tackle shop in the area. I drive there out of Moncks Corner, and there is NOTHING in between.

Some guy yelled at me once about ramp etiquette. Apparently, mooring your boat on the floating dock does not constitute a place in line to remove your boat. They brought their boat in, dropped off a guy to get the truck and trailer, and thought I should have waited until they were done before I recovered my boat solo. Mind you, I was already in line to recover my boat before they ever landed on the dock. Special rules for special people.

I draft 12” realistically and have a hydraulic Jackplate which helps the shallow water idling some. Sounds like as long as I’m not at dead low I should be fine getting out. I figured shrimp season really crowded that ramp. Thanks for all the help so far

The gas station at Awendaw head of the road has mud minnows

Sea Hunt 212 Triton
“Head East”

quote:
Originally posted by flywatt

I draft 9" and can get out at low tide. Parking gets real tight when shrimp and oyster season open up. Once the hype is gone, it’s not too bad. My biggest complaint is the lack of a bait/tackle shop in the area. I drive there out of Moncks Corner, and there is NOTHING in between.

Some guy yelled at me once about ramp etiquette. Apparently, mooring your boat on the floating dock does not constitute a place in line to remove your boat. They brought their boat in, dropped off a guy to get the truck and trailer, and thought I should have waited until they were done before I recovered my boat solo. Mind you, I was already in line to recover my boat before they ever landed on the dock. Special rules for special people.

I’ve heard of others having problems when it comes to ones place in line to load or unload.Its simple,wherever you are in the line of trucks to use the landing,that is your place in line.Does not matter how long it takes to get in the line. I just beach my boat in the mud,marsh wherever or dock if available and get in the truck line as soon as possible.This goes for any landing around here and there’s gonna be trouble if someone tries to tell me different.

Head a few miles north and use the park, great ramp, but parking can be a long walk when it’s bussy.

Assman are you bowing up at me. Cause if you are. …

Don’t want no trouble with you pea because when the bad folks all get together at night,they all call peapod boss.

they shoulda never dredged it or put that float dock in. it’s way worse than before

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

they shoulda never dredged it or put that float dock in. it’s way worse than before

In more ways than one…

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Ain’t that the truth. I remember when you could park inside the gate on a normal saturday LOL and before that when there might only be a handful of rigs there

For you guys going out at low tide…what do you line up with going out? The guy that used to hang out on the four wheeler told me to stay in between the pilings on the floating dock. But there are times I still kick up mid and it isn’t even dead low. I am close to that ramp and love to use it, but always depends on the tides for me. Just curious if there is a better route I need to try near low.

www.ChrisWestSellsCharleston.com.

Give me a call if you are looking to buy or sell a house in the Charlaston area.