gas prices

While in Greenville today saw gas at Sams for $1.73, cheapest I’ve seen it in a long time. Hope it stays for a while, would you not know it I was in my diesl!

Are you living on edisto? Have you closed your business and retired? I looked at a Bertram you had for sale with twin outboards. That’s had to of been 15years ago. When your shop was in mauldin.

That wasn’t a Bertram It was my Downeaster! still have the Bert. It is in Laurens right now. My health hasen’t been as good as it should be. Trying to get down to Edisto soon.

Sorry, didn’t get it all. Yes I retired 9 years ago and have had 3 open hearts. Couldn’t get the wife to go to Edisto. Try to get down as much as I can when I have the energy!

They just passed a bill raising the gas tax for SC so should be going up soon just by that.

Ya, 2 cents a year for 5 years,sure ain’t gona fix the roads quickly!

I thought it was like 15 cents a gallon, didnt know it was over 5 years, yeah you prob. wont see half of it even go to the roads. Government wastes money better than anything else.

I don’t know if it’s still like this, but I remember about 3 years ago driving on I-95 in SC and having to dodge potholes every 100 yards or so.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

I don’t understand why gas is $2.17-$2.19 in Mt. Pleasant but only $1.97 everywhere else. I bought gas at Costco for $1.94. There is no reason for a 23 cent a gallon difference.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Taking advantage of all the Yankee transplants. They’re still paying less here than they would be back home.

Seriously though, it boils down to the market. Demographics decide. Prices at Walmarts vary based on where they are.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Fuel is less in the upstate. That’s where the pipeline is. Transportation is costly!

Our roads are horrid. Yea, 15cents over 5 years won’t help. Not to mention there was a tax cut somewhere else to accommodate the gas tax raise. Whoever is in charge of planning is a complete idiot. There is some new road construction happening but what’s being done on secondary roads is senseless. They just paved part of the frontage road near my house. They ground and replaced about a mile of it. Now they are done. The whole road is garbage. They don’t fix anything. That’s just a patch. They work a little in one area then work a little on another road. Waste of money. The roads have gotten so bad there is no reason to stop. Just start paving and keep going.

Ya gas is cheaper in the upstate but desil is cheaper in the low country! But all S.C. has the best price on fuel in all the states I have traveled lately! It ain’t cheap but better than it was, wish it was $.23 again, but I was taking home like $50.00 a week!

I think I read that the reason SC had the lowest gas prices in the nation is because we had the lowest gas tax. Some states have an additional .25-.50 cents tax per gallon higher than we do, so raising ours .12 cents still puts us in the lower tier I think. But regardless, how much of that money goes to the roads and how much it helps, Im not too optimistic.

quote:
Originally posted by InshoreAngler

I think I read that the reason SC had the lowest gas prices in the nation is because we had the lowest gas tax. Some states have an additional .25-.50 cents tax per gallon higher than we do, so raising ours .12 cents still puts us in the lower tier I think. But regardless, how much of that money goes to the roads and how much it helps, Im not too optimistic.

Plenty of taxes we pay are never used for the intended purpose. All of the half cent tax increases that were voted in to fund road repairs and virtually nothing. Politicians see a big pile of money and spend it, then raise taxes to replace it then spend it again, etc, etc… Reminds me of my soon to be ex!! lol

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org