Gas String Trimmers

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

would appreciate some constructive input (this is directed at Peapod) from anyone that has had a good experience with string trimmers.

what’d i do? go ahead and apologize. we’ll call it even

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

That was a preemptive strike. Now, if you would like to add something constructive, I’m all ears (eyes)

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Troy Built! Get the 4 stroke. You can get a lot of different attachments for it! I even went the real lazy route and got the rechargeable starter! No pulling on the starter rope for me! I got the mini rototiller and you can till between rows in the garden!

My dad had a Ryobi weed eater that also had an edger attachment. It was a beast. I used it for several years with no issues. We even abused it a few times out in the woods with a saw blade and thick marsh grass and it had no problems. Couldn’t tell you how long it lasted or if it still runs but he got his moneys worth for sure

First, Most, Biggest

DF, I bought the Troy Built a few years ago and have only used it a few times! I replaced it and my lawn mower, last year with a Mexican:smiley:

That was racially insensitive.

Not racially! Nationally. But true, none the less! Haven’t mowed the yard for over a year! When I can pay $50, to get 1 acre mowed, weed wacked and the driveway and walks blown, I’m all in. This is what I do with the mower nowadays!:smiley:

DF is right. racist.

also, have you come into some money that we don’t know about? Youre big ballin lately

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

No more money Pod! Just have good credit and a wallet full of plastic:wink: I’m pretty much done now! As of this moment, I see nothing more on the horizon:frowning_face:

Sounds like you are doing your part to stimulate the economy. Good for you Easy!

Oh, I do have to buy Mrs. DF, a new box of fine vintage wine:smiley:

She does go through those boxes pretty fast. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

DF, look at it from her side of the glass![:0]

Need a BIG glass of tequila to make that looks good [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I think that’s why she gets her wine by the BOX :wink:

quote:
When I can pay $50, to get 1 acre mowed, weed wacked and the driveway and walks blown, I'm all in.

I did the same as you did Easy, sold the mower, the weed whacker and traded the chain saw. Replaced them all with a couple of guys who come twice a month and take care of everything. Got sick of working on them, and sick of using them when they did work. Traded my Stihl chain saw for 5 trucks of firewood. Sick of cutting wood too.

Dang riding mowers cost $3,000 and doesn’t last 3 years. It cost me $65 a month now and I don’t have to do a thing but point at what I need done and they say “Yes Sir”. They do a better job of it than I ever did.

I can buy firewood for $60 a truckload, split and loaded. Don’t have to spend hours trying to crank the saw or the log splitter that sat for months with bad ethanol fuel, then spend another day cutting and splitting wood. Screw it. It cost more money to cut my own grass and firewood than it does to pay for it. Retirement has it’s benefits :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well as of sunday I came to the conclusion that the second troy built weed eater I have bought in the last 3 years is also garbage. The only reason I bought a second one was because I had all the attachments and ran ethanol fuel in it and figured that is why it was garbage. So I bought a second one ran strictly non ethanol fuel with Lucas fuel treatment and this one did not last as long as the first one. It takes 100 pulls to get started and dont stay running for **** and bogs down under very light conditions. Troy Built is garbage ! Glad I got that off my chest , I feel alot better now. Thank god I wore the fish out this weekend I might have blown a dam gasket over getting that weed eater running.

Because I know Easy and Pea want to know, I finally bought a weedeater. Bought an Echo SRM-225 but, ended up with an Echo SRM-230. How you ask? I ordered one from Home Depot (used Karen’s Paypal $) and went to pick it up. I got there, went to the service desk and they went and got my trimmer. It did not have any string preloaded like all of the ones I had seen and had no paperwork or anything else. When I asked about it, the lady called a guy from lawn and garden who seemed put out but went and got another one. I signed for it and took it to the car only to discover this one had no gas cap. I went back in and the lady took the cap off of the one they originally tried to give me.

The next day, I put fuel in it, cranked it up and cleaned up the yard. As I was cleaning it up before putting it away, I noticed it was the wrong model. If I had discovered this before using it, I would have taken it back but, since it had been used and it was 20 miles back to HD, I said to heck with it.

It works great!

thanks for the update. glad it worked out. i hope the no string, no gas cap situation didn’t put bad mojo on that machine

when my wife’s dowry comes in, i’m throwing all my gear on the curb and hiring mexicans like those ^^ ballers

DF, this is the new Weed Eater I just bought!

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: