Gasoline and burn barrels do not mix!

A lot of you know my Brother Jon, he is the FedEx freight driver. He was badly burned yesterday. He spilled gasoline on himself and his shirt caught fire, resulting in major burns to his head, arm, face, and side and back . He’s going to be OK but it is going to be a long recovery. Think about this next time you start a fire using gasoline.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

dang sorry for your brother Sells.

My Uncle died from pouring gas on a pile of trash and lighting it. I’ll use old cooking oil and burnt engine oil, but that’s it.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

So sorry to hear this Paul. Fire is such a horrible thing to skin. I did a claim where a boy threw gas on a trash fire and ignited his pants and his skin on his legs “melted” down to his ankles.

I hope your brother was not that severely injured. Really…I’m so sorry for him. Tough road ahead…

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 20 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 17 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

We are in Augusta Georgia at the burn center, and he is receiving top shelf care! He spent four hours in surgery today to remove the dead skin, and they applied cadaver skin over most of his burns. The good news is he may not need many more surgeries. He is swollen up like a balloon in a tremendous amount of pain but they have him well medicated. I can tell he’s getting better already cause I had to go to McDonald’s and get them french fries and a vanilla shake . I will keep you posted

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Fire scares the h*ll out of me Paul! Sorry to hear this!

When all our major hospitals send burn victims to the Augusta Burn center, you know they have to be good! Heard some amazing recovery stories from that place. Couldn’t ask for a better place for your Brother. Prayers sent.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Hope he heals quickly. Prayers to him and his family

Wow that Sucks. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

I have a burn pit and used gasoline for a long time. Finally got a little smarter and only use diesel now. Much safer.

MCG burn unit is top notch. He is in great hands there -

Will keep your brother in our thoughts, and hope for a speedy recovery. Thanks for passing along the warning and hope that it will save someone else the suffering.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I hope he will be okay. The burn center there is great. My brother burned his hand rather badly several years ago during a “hey guys watch this” moment. His hand healed nicely and you can’t even tell anymore. Thanks for sharing, a good lesson for all of us.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

my father in law was burned last year, cotton shirts hold gas fumes, when he lit the match his shirt exploded

hope Jon recovers well

Pioneer 197SF

Sorry to hear, prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!!

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

So sorry for your brother and family. It only takes one foolish moment to change your life. The Augusta burn center is the best there is. Hoping for an easy recovery.

I was just looking at a pile of stuff that I need to burn, and a can of gas. Reading this made me change my mind, I’ll go get some diesel!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Sorry to hear this Paul . Prayers for him and all the family .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Great news!!! we are all back down here, as they have transferred him to the burn clinic at Trident.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

sells sent you a pm

Prayers sent Sellsfish , I can feel your pain ; my youngest son
was burned badly in a wreck when gas tank exploded in his truck …

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Sorry to hear of his misfortune,Burns are bad,infection is a worry.Sells glad you are home safe and his recovery continues.

Three years ago this April I was burned badly by a large propane grill. I was taken by helicopter to Augusta. I spend 3 nights there and after 3 months I was completely released from wound care. Like your brother I was covered in donor skin. The first two weeks absolutely sucks. If you saw me now you would never know anything ever happened. Augusta is awesome. Just do what they say and the healing will be nothing short of miraculous. Feel free to PM me for any more information.

Send lawyers, guns, and money - The poop has hit the fan.

prayers said and sent paul

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16