Gearing up for Fall Inshore Fishing....

So, who’s ready for fall fishing? Cooler temps, schooling reds… Busting out the light tackle to sight fish reds in clear shallow water… I know I’m ready! Thinking of doing a webinar/seminar on some topics for fall inshore fishing… Any topics you all might think of that you would like to be discussed…?

Im ready for cooler temps, artificials and sight fishing for sure…
Love the idea of a webinar/seminar

1. Best conditions, tide, wind, time, etc
  2. General locations, so if we have a South wind should we be looking at areas the wind is blowing in to or away, that kind of stuff
  3. Recommended rigs and set up
  4. GPS coordinates. - just kidding…

cheersd

I’m not a Dr, those are my initials and I cant edit my user name. Please do not contact me regarding medical issues :slight_smile:

Some ideas to talk about

What tides to target what where, high vs lowtide target and techniques

Barrier island surf fishing heats up and who doesnt like going to a island by boat for a day pffishing and exploring.

The bull red run, how to hunt trophies and pbs. The carolina rig, the lupton rig, proper gear and technique,

The beach front smoker/trophy class king mackeral live bait or lures?

Lowtide flats and backcreek fishing

The flood tide fishing tailers in tbe marsh. What artificials, presentations, live bait?

The october/November top water trout action. How to trophy hunt and not chase numbers.

The november black drum run where to fish, what to use when to fish

The fall shark run of black tips and Sandbars. Rigs, baits, tackle proper gear

Fall sheep head tides where to find them how to target bigger sheeps

Flounder fishing, going for numbers, door mat hunting and the late fall transitional flounder

I would love to hear a web sessions, trying to learn how to target reds and flounder. fishing set up with line, weight, leader etc

Great ■■■■■■■■! Thank you all. I can’t wait for some fall fishing! I will get things in place for a webinar and keep everyone in the loop. Tight lines!

Nice idea Cap, and nice list 40!

I’d like a pier seminar on the spot run. Shrimp vs bloodworms, bait presentation, when exactly to fight over crossed lines, which cuss words are acceptable, what constitutes drunk, pyramid vs egg sinkers when casting at surfers, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I’d like a pier seminar on the spot run. Shrimp vs bloodworms, bait presentation, when exactly to fight over crossed lines, which cuss words are acceptable, what constitutes drunk, pyramid vs egg sinkers when casting at surfers, etc.

Dammit. Band him

We dont get a spot run the shrimp boats by catch have decimated the croaker and spot. But there is stil fun at the pier.

Pier etiquette…

When to fight over crossed lines-everytime. Just start swinging first even if your unsure. The first swing wins most fights so even if you were wrong, you will still likely be a winner.

Acceptal cuss words= all of them but i find variations of the the womens genitalia much more effective. To a man: shut up pssy, to women/children: shut up you little c unt. This will usually earn you some ground with whatever male figure they have around but you have to let them know that you think your cool for it.

Drunk= when people can smell alcohol coming off you but the pier technique is to not shower for a few days so your natural smell is more powerful. This tecnique can be quiet strong in the summer.

Surfers= take it to the sand its stoner bashing time

Seriously though its not inshore but the lakes and rivers get a fall striper run. I plan to give it a try this year.

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

We dont get a spot run the shrimp boats by catch have decimated the croaker and spot. But there is stil fun at the pier.

Pier etiquette…

When to fight over crossed lines-everytime. Just start swinging first even if your unsure. The first swing wins most fights so even if you were wrong, you will still likely be a winner.

Acceptal cuss words= all of them but i find variations of the the womens genitalia much more effective. To a man: shut up pssy, to women/children: shut up you little c unt. This will usually earn you some ground with whatever male figure they have around but you have to let them know that you think your cool for it.

Drunk= when people can smell alcohol coming off you but the pier technique is to not shower for a few days so your natural smell is more powerful. This tecnique can be quiet strong in the summer.

Seriously though its not inshore but the lakes and rivers get a fall striper run. I plan to give it a try this year.

Your best post ever. Outstanding.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

Pier etiquette…

Your best post ever. Outstanding.

I agree, that is just dang funny!!

Pink worms… :wink: same used for some nice red breasts…

Would love to attend a seminar put on by an accomplished local captain on any of the topics noted above less the pier fishing part as I’m all about fishing from my new boat! :slight_smile: . Please keep us informed as to when/how/where/how much/etc if you decide to put it together. Thanks Cap!

Chuck D
2018 Pathfinder 2300 HPS
Yamaha 250 SHO

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck D

Would love to attend a seminar put on by an accomplished local captain on any of the topics noted above less the pier fishing part as I’m all about fishing from my new boat! :slight_smile: . Please keep us informed as to when/how/where/how much/etc if you decide to put it together. Thanks Cap!

Chuck D
2018 Pathfinder 2300 HPS
Yamaha 250 SHO

New boat! I hear you bud. I will definitely let everyone know. This will be a free online type of webinar. Really great way to reach a lot of people and keep it interactive with questions and visuals.

Whatever you cover, please include conservation (especially taking care of the bull reds and releasing them quickly and in good shape) and courtesy and etiquette.

John

quote:
Originally posted by JAinSC

Whatever you cover, please include conservation (especially taking care of the bull reds and releasing them quickly and in good shape) and courtesy and etiquette.

John

Already on that. Great topic to cover! Thank you for mentioning. We have got to take care of our natural resources! These are simple methods of releasing bull reds healthy back to the depths and are not rocket science. Tight lines!

I would love to hear tips on where to look for bull reds, with a focus from kayaks. I will watch the webinar regardless

Anything that pulls drag, right?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJapLk9rt91Jop89mxRU7eg?