Geek Squad/Best Buys

Spent 8 hours just replacing my wall mount TV. Already had one there. Just had to remove and install a new TV. They were gone one hour and one side fell down. Now hanging at a 45 degree angle.Called and they don’t seem very interested. Might be able to fix it Tuesday. This is ready to drop. I told them it was a safety hazzard, and they could care less. Steer clear of Best Buy/Geek Squad. Told me if I thought it was an emergency, I should call local ER services.Guess I should call 911 and tell them I was directed to do so by Best Buy.

Call the local TV news station and see if they are interested! If they show interest, call the Geek Squad and let them know what time the show will air:wink: So lie and do it anyway[:0]

I stopped shopping at Best Buy when they refused to sell me an in stock TV because they were all on hold for an upcoming sale 2 weeks away. But they couldn’t order me one either because they had them in stock.

I walked out a little confused.
How do they make money like that?

Next time call these guys:

http://www.audioevolutionsc.com/

I didn’t realize they mounted flat screen tvs. I waited 2 weeks to have Geek Squad come out to my house and realize they couldn’t do a simple mount. They ended up outsourcing to Audio Evolution and they came and did a jam up job ASAP. Next time, I won’t even fool with BB. I’m just calling AE from the start.

quote:
Spent 8 hours just replacing my wall mount TV. Already had one there. Just had to remove and install a new TV. They were gone one hour and one side fell down

They did better than me. I installed ours. My wife insisted on a wall mount, nothing else would do. I figured no problem, I can handle this. I managed to drill a hole into a water pipe feeding the upstairs bathroom. Soaked the sheet rock in both the living room and bathroom walls behind it. Had to cut out a big section on both sides, repair the pipe, repair the walls, paint, and then get back to mounting the TV. It went from a 2 hour job to a 2 week project pretty quick :face_with_head_bandage: I finally got it whipped though and Mrs. Cracker is happy.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ve installed probably 15 for me and friends. They’re stupid easy to install, unless you’re incredibly unlucky like Cracker :smiley:

quote:
They're stupid easy to install, unless you're incredibly unlucky like Cracker

Well, my stud finder told me that water pipe was a stud and I believed it [:I] Other than that it would have been easy, except the wife didn’t want any visible wires either, and there are a lot of wires that go to a modern TV now! All of them fished up through the wall. Which was pretty easy once I ripped off the wet sheet rock :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I can’t use a STUD finder… Too many false positives when I am holding it…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I can’t use a STUD finder… Too many false positives when I am holding it…