Getting high on the job

Leadenwahboy, your experience in aerospace may be an advantage; can you change a light bulb? I suspect the pay is way on up there.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1BgzIZRfT8?feature=player_embedded

Not a chance! That’s some serious cojones to climb that thing!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

That’s incredible. Could you imagine how good of shape you’d be in though?!

I’d be the guy that finally gets to the top, then realizes I left the screwdriver in the truck…

After 10’, it’s all the same. If you fall from 15’ you won’t be any less dead than if you fall from 1500’. The climbing up and down again is one hell of a workout, though.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Hell I get dissy just watching that

take a BASE rig and you don’t have to climb done

Pioneer 197SF

Nope! Not this guy.

I worked with a guy years ago that left tower climbing for LE. He said it was safer. He and I were headed to FL to pickup a prisoner one time. He was telling me about his former occupation. I asked him why he left as the money was fantastic. He said, "I’ll tell you in a little while. A little while later as we’re heading down I-95, he points to a 300-400’ tower and says, “see that tower”? I said, “yeah”. He said, “that tower is why I got out”. He went on to tell me how a guy from his company fell off the tower and died. I’ve jumped out of planes but I’m not interested in climbing those tower.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

The climbs are a little tiring, but not that scary with proper safety gear. The transfer from tower to platform will test your ability for brain to override fingers. Lightening in the area can be a bit unnerving also.

Glad he has a hard hat!

No Way.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

If it was me changing that bulb, they would have to lower the tower to ground level:wink:

I did some ground work under a 1280’ tower after an ice storm! Had to rebuild the roof of the building and erect a steel cage over the new roof! Was called a while later and asked to bid to paint the tower! The average wind moves the tower 25’ at the top and that movement broke all the ice built up on it and bam! Did not bid the job, the got a guy from up north to do it.

Darn, if you were up top, it would be like riding a buggy whip! Not me![:0]

Climbed a few back in the 60s in my “much younger days” thought of heights didn’t kick in until passing 1st guy cable usually about 3-400 ft. For me coming down was more tiring than climbing up and also took longer[:0]