Giant Catfish!

well my buddy goes to our hole today with his friend and sends me these pics…

caught on a pinky finger sized mullet in Bushy…I on the other hnd go else where and catch one stingray…touche my friend! touche

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

That’s a goodun

www.baturinphotography.com

Holy cat!

Nice flathead!

“Sire, it belongs in truth to the Church of God, in whose name I speak, to endure blows and not to inflict them. But it will also please your Majesty to remember that she is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.”…Theodore Beza

yea I was like damm thats a huge cat! LOL figured its 50 + lbs

catfish stew

Na he went back in! He is out there grazing right now!

Dang !! Nice Cat!!

2200 Hydrasports, 225 Optimax

good 4 you

Very nice

Scout
PALMERS SEAFOOD

What a pig!

Love me some shallow water Catfishing. Nice one

Wicked fishing
175 CC Pioneer Bay sport
90 Yamaha 4 stroke

sent this thread to the guys at https://www.facebook.com/teamcatmagnet and they’re gonna hook me up w some stickers and feature the pic(s) on their site!pretty cool I must say! You more serious Catfishers should should check them out too!

Nice flathead!

I always let the big ones go nowadays, especially flatheads. They lay a lot of eggs and protect the beds better.

The first picture really shows off the size of that thing. The tail on it is huge. I bet it was a fun fight.

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Flatheads are non-native and have done a number on the panfish and native bullhead populations. I say catch 'em all and feed the hungry! Nice fish.

quote:
Originally posted by smoakin

Flatheads are non-native and have done a number on the panfish and native bullhead populations. I say catch 'em all and feed the hungry! Nice fish.

I’m not going to give anyone a hard time about eating a fish like that. I love the taste of catfish. I just personally like to let the bigger ones (like this one) go.

I always thought flatheads were native. I knew blues were introduced, but didn’t know flatheads were. Thanks for pointing that out.

I’m not a bullhead fan. Those are some nasty fish. I’d no sooner eat a bowfin than a bullhead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

I dont eat any of them at all(allergies)…now hide the shrimp, crab, and losbters when i’m around though! Oh and I love oysters too! If I ate fish too DNR would have to change the limits! Ah who am I kidding I havent limited out this year yet hahaha

The main reason one might release a trophy flathead like that is because these fish are economically important, to say nothing of the awesome of such a beast.

I personally would have eaten that one, large flathead (to me) isn’t bad at all. But I respect anyone who would release it.

“Sire, it belongs in truth to the Church of God, in whose name I speak, to endure blows and not to inflict them. But it will also please your Majesty to remember that she is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.”…Theodore Beza

Great Catfish! Good job on releasing it, IMO the bigger catfish are not as tasty but I really don’t like the fattiness of the big ones, some people fight over that belly meat , not for me.

• Adam