giant trevally tips?

sometime soon im going to be traveling and i didnt know much about fishing the indian ocean at all, but now that ive at least been introduced i want to try to add a trevally to my name. ive gathered from the locals that casting big poppers work best along with live baitfish that can be caught by sabiki rig. pretty much my only options are shore fishing 2 areas, 1 from a small dock that is a few feet deep at high tide (occasional trevally reported here), another where the ocean meets lagoon and a bit deeper (also occasional trevally reported here), and i can rent a 20 foot mako boat and fish a lagoon that for the most part is 60-80 feet deep although theres a few humps that go up to around 40-50. i marked some fish closer to the surface and about 30 feet down in the lagoon, but was only bottom fishing at the time for snapper and grouper. ive seen some people talking about fishing the maldives, sri lanka, and similar areas here so hopefully someone has advice on how best to catch one? i did grab a couple big poppers and have a couple butterfly jigs i plan on using for grouper. any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.