Go home?

Just go in and rescue, don’t attach a name, don’t go on tv advertising your past rescuing efforts. I guess NC officials believed they were scammers?

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/in-florence-s-aftermath-volunteers-claim-ego-is-dampening-sc/article_832d2cc0-baae-11e8-b84d-93b524e4d165.html

After watching it all play out on FB, it appears that the one person that said something to them was not the voice of Dillon FD. The MAYOR requested help on FB without contacting the FD and the rescue teams, who apparently “had it under control.” The guy that cursed at them and told them to leave was not aware (nor did he ask) if the guys had filed the proper paperwork, etc…

Bad situation made worse by FB and now the news.

Go to Boat Life of Charleston page and read the 500+ comments about it. You’ll learn way more than that article.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Never read Boat Life Chas, and I’ve never used FB , so I’ll leave that be. All I’m saying is when you attach a name to a "rescue effort " , someone is going to be checking the "donations ".

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Never read Boat Life Chas, and I’ve never used FB , so I’ll leave that be. All I’m saying is when you attach a name to a "rescue effort " , someone is going to be checking the "donations ".

What’s the point in your statement? Who cares if someone checks the donations?

And for the record, the “Cajun Navy” that came to “help” were run off frequently due to them trying to take over rescue coordination from normal channels, and also brought trailer loads of shirts and hats to sell. They also began “charging” people to rescue them if they had pets or more than 2 people.

I’d say someone needs to check into those doing it for monetary or social gain, not for those like Jamie who do it because they’re selfless.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

If I get into a situation with flood water, I am doing business with these folks:

https://www.hobarides.com/

RBF

FB is evil…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Can’t say I’ve never used fb, I’ve had my kids show me a few things on it… I must say, I am not a member and am very opposed by how much time my kids and … unfortuniatly wife use FB. I think it must be very addictive… So therefore, i Refuse to get started on it.
Thinking fb must be like Crack. People get hooked and just can’t give it up.

One day if it is legalized, I may try some reefer. Then I guess that would be a gateway to FB. A way to just sit on my arse and do nothing but post that I’m doing nothing… OR something that I want everyone to know I’m doing… Or post that I’m not at home… so come on and rob my house.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

FB is evil…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

FB isn’t evil, it’s just for low iQ and monetization. So yeah, I guess it’s evil. But if it keeps the idiots busy and they leave me alone, so be it.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I was going to make an important comment, … but, gotta go check FB

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25