Goat Island

Will be done on Folly next weekend and we have a place on Terns Nest road with water access. Wanted to just fish around the area and wanted to know about Goat Island. Any advice on whats bitting? Thanks!

you mean Goat Island behind Isle of Palms? or is there another one near James and Folly islands? stickman fishes your quadrant and might be able to shed some light…although I’m not sure when the last time he was out…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

The sand gnats are biting like crazy right now…

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

trout and reds in folly, water will be very clear (rainfall notwithstanding) next week and should bode well for both. toby’s island maybe? I heard he used to keep goats like a hundred years ago :slight_smile:

Goat Island is by Kings Flats (a oyster mound field with good fishing) aka the Island in front of Mosquito beach it’s major creeks are Green creek (has great fishing) from the Stono river and Folly creek (great fishing) from the Folly River there is lots of good fishing in that area and good structure, old shrimp boats, concrete and docks by Backman’s Seafood to fish, a sunken ship a little passed Bowen’s Island, the old clam farm close to the bridge across from Crosby’s seafood, a sunken barge near the mouth of the creek that leads to Kings flat from folly creek, the dock between Bowens and kings flat is great to fish, there are flats in front of Goat Islands that hold fish and the creek (I think robins creek)going to it from folly creek does also. Like I said the whole area is good fishing so you pretty much can fish anywhere around there and do well and can catch every fish you would want to target but I haven’t really caught flounder around there. Also folly creek is loaded with oysters(state shellfish grounds) and in my opinion they are the best, high salinity, fast moving green water close to the ocean, and you can catch crabs as well. If you can’t tell I’ve fish this area a lot its always calm water even when other areas are small craft advisory. If you plan on going on the island, where a lot of cloths and bug spray because the bugs are so bad, and be prepared for swollen eyelids, and low tide in in morning and evening makes the bugs bite a lot worse.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

The sand gnats Flying Teeth </font id=“red”> are biting like crazy right now…

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Fixed it for you…

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”