Gold Mine in South Carolina

I research building permit data for a marketing firm.

So I keep seeing several millions dollars in permits for the Haile Gold Mine in Kershaw. For few million you could buy the whole town. Check the link below out this is pretty amazing.

http://www.hailegoldmine.com/mining/

I am originally from there but now live about 20 minutes away. They bought out a lot of fields, wooded areas, and peoples homes. The land owners made a lot off this but a lot of people were not happy of course. There are public roads now closed because they own all the land on both sides from one end of the road to the other. They even built a bridge across a main road so that they no longer had to stop traffic to cross over it. A lot of people was employed but now most of the work is done so the jobs have been drastically cut. I think what made them open it back up was a lot of people had been panning gold in a creek that ran thru it & i know some people had been making enough off panning to quit their job & do it full time.
It is kind of sad though to see so much of that land change & so many homes moved or torn down.

Joe Blanchard has made a ton of money because of the Mine.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Interesting , a man came by looking for a place to park equipment while they work on the nearby roads . I had done some grading to make room for a shed and I uncovered a vein of quarts . He walked over to check it out and picked up a piece which he said had gold in it , I did see the yellow stuff on the surface of it , anyway he was going to test it to see the quality of it which sparks my interest . I always heard where you find quarts you might find gold . After a long conversation he gave me an education on rocks , gold and iron etc . Now he wants to pan my creek to see what’s down there .
I look forward to helping and learning , think it will be fun . He said he was crazy about bass fishing tourneys 2 years ago and he sold his boat and does this every time he gets a chance .

Thanks for the link , interesting .

I’d love to try and pan for gold sometime…OceanaGold seems to be a fairly large company.

When in doubt, one should ask themselves, WWRMD? “What Would Rob McEwen Do?”

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I’d love to hang out with Rob for a month or two, an impressive dude.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

You follow him?

quote:
quote:

Yep…big time philanthropist, very ethical and a prudent investor…what’'s not to like?

quote:
quote:
quote:

You follow him?

NOt much anymore. Had an old Canadian Girlfriend that talked about him a lot. Impressive dude. We need him to help reform/replace obuma care.