GOLDBUG ISLAND TURKEY SHOOT IS OPEN !!!!!

50th Annual ECOMC Charity Turkey Shoot
DATE/TIMES: November 1, 2, then each Wednesday through Saturday from 6:30-10:00. We will also be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
LOCATION: Goldbug Island, HWY 703, Mount Pleasant, SC, just across from Toler?s Cove Marina
SHOOTS: Turkey, Ham, 50/50, Bring your own gun, House guns are provided, 12 & 410 Gauge only
FOODS: Hot Dogs, Chips, Etc? Provided by The ECOMC Ladies Auxiliary
MERCHANDISE: Commemorative Shirts

CHARITIES: Over the years we have made direct or in kind donations to local charities like: The Charles Webb Center, East Cooper Meals on Wheels, ECCO, The Windwood Farm for Boys, Carolina Youth Development, Mount Pleasant Scholarship Fund, Joes Reef, Coastal Conservation Association, The Slocum Lunz Foundation, Christmas Commandos, Ronald McDonald House, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, The Hemangioma Foundation, The East Cooper Beneficent Group, The College of Charleston, The Mount Pleasant Conservancy Group, Habitat for Humaity

Open tonight at 6:30. Dress warm… We will have the fire barrels roaring tonight. Come on out !

funny looking turkey…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Do you really think we shoot turkeys?

quote:
Originally posted by FID

no…but what does the target above represent? is that worthy of winning?

I’ll be there tonight for another function…might walk my turkey over there and sign her up…

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72
quote:
Originally posted by FID

no…but what does the target above represent? is that worthy of winning?

I’ll be there tonight for another function…might walk my turkey over there and sign her up…

closest pellet on or near center wins.

Silly James Island folks,you all need to get out a little more.

The closest pellet to the “X” wins… If the judge can not pick a winner between 2 targets we have a “shoot off” closest to the “X” in the shoot off wins…

10 shooters per round. We shoot for Turkeys, Hams, and $$$ ( 50/50 ) 50% goes to the house and 50% to the winner. Great family fun… We ask that if you have small children to get to the shoot early. 6:30 pm start and we run it until we can not fill up a round…

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

Silly James Island folks,you all need to get out a little more.

typically too many bridges to cross…but since I’ll be there anyway tonight I’ll mosie on over and see what it’s all about…

I will be looking for you Bonzo… I’ll have a black Gold Bug Island jacket on.

quote:
Originally posted by FID

I will be looking for you Bonzo… I’ll have a black Gold Bug Island jacket on.

cool…I have a beard…we should be easy enough for each other to spot :smiley:

do I ask for Fid, Fiddler, Mr Fid, Mr Fiddler?

Fiddla

(geechee gullah for fiddler)

10-4

well my turkey didn’t win, but I did meet a Fiddla…oh and sorry Allen never brought you any chili, he was empty when I went back in…did tell him to go see you though…good luck with the turkey shoot and nice to meet you…

SHOOT REOPENS TONIGHT !!! 6:30 pm… Everyone is welcome ( Open to the Public)

Come out to Gold Bug Island tonight for some family fun…

Man…I got robbed tonight. I had a shot about 1/16th of an inch from the cross-hatch…but someone else beat me with one shot dead-eye center. Booooo. :smiley:

We had fun.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 18 year old ( has decided being with parents isn’t cool)
1 - 15 year old (still does not mind hanging with the 'rents)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Had a very good time out there tonight. Even won some $$.

Did you guys really have to explain the rules to a turkey shoot? Man, our education system really is falling apart…

Bumping this back up, couldn’t find anything on their website. Will their be a shoot this year?

quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

Bumping this back up, couldn’t find anything on their website. Will their be a shoot this year?

Yes. Wednesday through Saturday from 6:30-10:00 and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Come out and have some fun and support our local charities!