Golf cart adequate?

I have a 19’ skiff (East Cape Vantage) with a 115 Etec. My garage/driveway set-up is too tight to allow me to use my truck to pull the boat in and out of the garage. Can anyone recommend something small and maneuverable but beefy enough to do the job? One person who seems qualified (trailer repair shop owner) said a standard golf cart with a hitch/ball mounted on its front will work (he has a customer who does this very thing); this surprised me as I would not have thought it would have the weight and torque required. Does anyone have experience towing a similar boat with something smaller than an automobile?

Not sure if this would work for you but it’s 1 suggestion to get things started

If you check them out they have motorized available

Good luck in your search

If on level firm ground, does not take much to push or pull. Probably be easier than a loaded golf cart going up the hills on an 18 hole course. I would just make sure tongue weight is within limits.

Bay posted some cheaper options.

NN

The boat mechanic behind our office uses a golf cart. He’s been dragging boats around with it for at least 20 years. He drags some pretty big boats around with it. And part of his driveway is gravel and sand.

1 Like

Thank you. My driveway leading to garage has just enough incline that I cannot move it in with what is pictured without a couple other guys pushing. And since the ramp is a couple hundred yards I am hopeful to have something motorized that will also allow me to launch it after I get it out of my garage.

That’s encouraging - thank you

That’s encouraging - thank you.

What everyone said!

I put a 40 gallon sprayer tank on the back of mine from time to time. Most boats are not going to have 300+ tongue weight. The thing is finding a decent price cart. They have really taken off in price. My insurance agents son works at One-Eleven custom carts in Summerville they have some really nice new ones and used stuff too. The Boss got one from them that will actually spin the wheels on pavement and run 25+ using an LI battery pack. Just remember if you find a good deal on a used one ask how old the batteries are. 5 years with good charging/water maintenance is about tops.

Had a club car ds with a high torque motor to move my boat around in the yard and up the raised ROC pad. Also niw using ATV 4x4 to do it too. Key is to weld up a receiver on the front too so putting it back to patk is way easier…if you can’t weld or fabricate the price just went up.

A golf cart has all the torque you will need. I have used 2 different golf cart for this exact purpose over the years. I found, however, manevering the boat/cart is easier if the trailer hitch/ball is mounted on the rear of the golf cart- not the front.
Fd

I’ll be at the office tomorrow during the day. I’ll get you some pictures of Mark old wore out easy go. Like I said before you drag some awful big boats around with that thing.

Can a golf cart also handle a 19’ shift with 115hp outboard at the ramp? Launching it and pulling it back out?

Negative…unless you want to end up on a world star tiktok video I wouldn’t suggest doing that

1 Like

How about a Kawasaki Mule?

LOL yep… I’ve seen some little 2 wheel drive trucks not able to pull up some ramps.

1 Like

There you go again making fun of me :rofl:

I always hope there are a couple of people there when I load up just to put some weight in the back of my truck, dead low tide is like a burrow climbing a mountain with Oprah riding it

If you can put a hitch on the front of your truck, you can thread a needle pushing a trailer

1 Like

I would think the big thing would be the pitch of the ramp. Getting traction to get back out maybe an issue.
And like splittailbasic said. I’ll be worried the car would get pulled in the water.

I need to startup a “Buber” service where you click on an app for me to launch and load your boat!