Golf Cart speed

The wife and I had the winning bid of a 2012 EZ GO golf cart this weekend. It is a 48 volt cart.
Can someone help me understand exactly what I need to increase the speed?

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

I was curious about this myself after seeing your post and ran across this that should help.

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/golf-cart-blog/how-to-get-more-power-out-of-your-electric-golf-cart/

Also ran across an article about a guy setting a (gas powered) record at Darlington drag strip at 119 MPH!

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

A new controller and motor.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Update- I did find that my cart has a spot to add a chip directly from EZ GO. It states it will bump it from aprx 12-14mph to 18-19mph. It’s called the Freedom chip and only runs about $15…I should have it this week, and will see how it goes.
I have read a lot about the controllers, and think that could be the next step. I am not looking to do 30mph…but if I can get to 20-22mph, I think I will be happy.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

Those things are the bane of my existence in Garden City. Pro tip. If there are 30 cars behind you, pull to the side and let them pass…lol…

If you have a back seat, tell them to hang on.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

If you have a back seat, tell them to hang on.

I had a friend from college die driving one of those things. She was holding her 2 year old in her lap and her 4 year old was sitting next to her. Somehow she laid the cart on its side. She died while holding her child. Both kids were fine.

My best friend lost his son 4 years ago in a golf cart accident…It seemed so minor it was unbelievable. Please be careful.

15MPH is fast enough.

Stonoman

One thing for sure faster speed faster battery usage.