Good Breakfast Place????

We’re planning on coming down for the oyster roast and making a weekend of it. We’ve eaten out a lot down there but usually for dinner or lunch. The better half said she’d like to go out for breakfast Sunday but nothing fancy. I’m looking for a place with good food, preferably not a buffet. Does anyone know of a good breakfast place down that way? We’re staying downtown but don’t mind going to Mt P, W. Ashley, etc.

Marina Variety Store!

My favorite Sunday morning spots are Marina Variety Store, Moe’s Crosstown, Dirty Low Down Kitchen (or what ever its called on Folly Road), Lost Dog. We tried Edison’s on Ft. Johnson and liked it as well. Will definitely go back.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

X3 on the Variety

Fat Hen, Angel Oak Restaurant, Toast, Sunrise Bistro ,and of course X4 on the Variety Store.

D, a little South of town, but Angel Oak is really good…
http://www.angeloakrestaurant.com/SundayBrunch.html

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Variety store. Try the chicken and waffles. Omg

1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

early bird - get in line at 1015. might see us there!

If I could only choose one, it would have to be the Variety Store. My go to meal is the crab cakes with grits and eggs.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

X2 For Early Bird.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Don’t y’all have a Waffle House?

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

Pages in MP can put out some decent food. Variety store is good also

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Sea Biscuit on IOP was better than all of those places but I haven’t been in over a year. CFvK may have some info

Sea Biscuit is always on point. The place is small though and fills up fast.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Dang, sounds like we need to eat out for breakfast more often down there. Thanks all, some great suggestions.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

Don’t y’all have a Waffle House?

“You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.” - C.S. Lewis

I used to love some Waffle House, decent food and a reasonable price… But that low melt shortening they use is not an aging persons friend, and it seems the staff just isn’t as friendly and professional as they used to be.

Let us all know where you go Dfreedom, I’m up for a good breakfast in a few weeks in that area.

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at a Waffle House sober. Needless to say, it has been a long time since I have eaten at a WH. I’ll let ya know where we end up.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I don’t think I’ve ever eaten at a Waffle House sober. Needless to say, it has been a long time since I have eaten at a WH. I’ll let ya know where we end up.

you really can’t do wrong with any of the above selections D…kinda depends on how far you wanna travel before heading home…Marina Variety Store is downtown, inexpensive, and does have a great breakfast/brunch plus they validate parking so that is a plus…just consider the church crowd if you wait until later morning/noonish…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Long Point Grill(Mt.P) and Acme Cantina(IOP) have always been solid when I have been there.

“Marina Variety Store” is the correct answer. It is downtown with a view of the city marina.