Good day at Bushy Park

My wife has been very sick for the past month, hospitalized twice and while at home I had to be there 24/7. She’s finally recovered well enough that I got to go fishing for a couple hours… Incoming tide fishing Yellowhouse Ceek. I caught over twenty trout, kept four for dinner. This may help…they wanted the purple w/sparkles (Troutsickle) Trout Trick fished VERY slow or just laying still on the bottom. The ElaZtech lures are really great. One trout trick was durable enough to catch all the fish and it still looks like new.

5 Likes

There’s your reward for being a good husband. Hope your wife is doing better.

nice mdl. i plan on going after trout saturday with the same lure, but different creek. glad to hear their biting

2 Likes

I’m far from being qualified to give expert advice but I’ll say this…If I can catch some you should kill 'em. Good luck & stay safe. Might be busy, a guy at the ramp said there’s a big redfish tournament this weekend.

Good report, and GOOD NEWS your wife is better, ditto on the reward comment, GOOD MAN YOU ARE!!!

Great news on the wife sir - I’ve been doing fairly well in YH as well but not in those volumes! Always a blast when you get on the Trout there!

Glad to hear the Wife is recovering. Nice fish report debating hitting the waters as I check the updates of catches this past few days.

Fatrat, you sir are the master of Bushy Park. I met you a number of years ago. If I recall both of us were recovering from heart problems?

Recovery is correct but I had a second Hip replacement. Hit Bushy Saturday and smelt a SKUNK coming on but managed a few trouts that were released. Had not been on the waters in awhile and just had to get out and tighten the Lines. Beautiful weather but the winds picked up around 11:00 and I headed to the Hill

2 Likes

fatrat, I tried again yesterday, opposite tide, and got a big ZERO except one 33" Blue Catfish that thought my trout trick with Pro Cure was tasty.

1 Like

mdl5155 I have been in the waters but was running for cats with high winds and chilly weather. The reds have been striking but I’ve let up off them for a while. Hope the trouts survived these past cold days. By the end of the month, it would be warm enough to start fishing again. This mid week/weekend maybe a jump start

1 Like

I was doing good finding reds in the summer but I’m feeling lost the past month or so. I can’t find any reds and the trout are a gamble. I search and search and once in awhile hit on a bunch but can’t figure out why. I had things figured out pretty good until I moved away for seven years and now the places I used to do good at have changed so I’m learning all over again. With my age and health I better learn fast.

I have found not trying to depend on places I’ve caught fish previously. These fish move a lot depending on finding a meal. Maybe with flounders you’ll find close to an area you’ve caught them before, but I don’t rely on that either. Venturing into other areas normally bring me luck and as one speaking of age and health, we are in the same BOAT but I’m a firm believer in getting out there and finding them as I troll the entire time, I’m fishing. Good Luck in 2023

2 Likes

The good part about not finding fish in the places I used to depend on is the enjoyment I get from finding fish in new places. Some days I simply don’t find them but I sure enjoy being on the water.