Good Deal On Fenwick Rod

The 7’ medium weight-fast action Waleye 23 rod is on deep deal at $99, plus tax and shipping around $125 delivered.

This rod is from their Elite line

That’s a great deal on a trout rod. No kidding

It’s not a gloomis, but it’s not $300 either. Id say it’s a third of the price and 85% as good.

The warranty is a good one too

1 Like

That’s a hot deal on a fish stick, no doubt.

But not as hot the Africa heat you people endure.

I’m gonna need a bigger cooler

Today wasn’t bad, clouds and a breeze

Saturday might be the next sauna

I’ve fished a couple walleye rods in salt and they were great, might hafta grab one of those

Is that a brem, bream, sunfish, perch, copper nose, bluegill, or bait?

I’ve heard them called all of those, lol

Should be a good Cobia day Saturday, or so I’m told

On the rod, I haven’t actually fished that one yet, but it came recommended to me by someone that usually “knows stuff”. I think the titanium guides and zirconium inserts should make them suitable for a saltwater environment. Plus the grips redesigning evidently aids in the “feel”.

Stumpknocka!

Tomorrow is looking nice on the pond, Sunday not so much…

Sometimes when the water stays high for a long time.
Them stumpnockers get big.
They have a sweet taste
Better than any other panfish.

I’ve heard that many times from many folks, I need to do a taste test.

We caught more stumpknockers than I’ve ever seen in May near Yemassee. Plenty of redbreast and mo mouth, some shellcrackers too but almost zero bluegill. That was the fry table pic, Mr S.

Some bass, catfish, crappie etc in there too

1 Like

so anyway, I got a shimano stratic fm a few weeks ago to pair with this fenwick rod.

Its a good thing I bought the rod a few months ago, they are like $175 now with the shipping.

I just brought this thread back up to say that I believe this is the best setup (for me and my type of fishing) in my inshore arsenal.

I put 15lb braid on the reel, and tied a 6 foot section of 10lb flouro using a sebile knot for the leader.

Although I haven’t put it in the salt just yet, (next week) I can feel way more subtle bumps over logs and rocks along with the soft summer smallmouth bite in the lakes up here.

anyway, so far so good. For $300 I am pretty sure I got it right this time. Key words here are “for $300”. Its a good value in my opinion for what you get.

thats all I got

EF