Good Garden Hose???

My 15 year old garden hose finally wore out so I’m looking for a replacement. Need a 75’er, that doesn’t kink, get all tangled up and is pliable. Most of what the big box stores have don’t look all that impressive. Any suggestions?

Thanks

D, I think it’s called NeverKink or something similar…Lowes carries them…to me buying garden hoses is like buying fishing gear (or anything really for that matter), invest a little more in it, take care of it and it will last you a long time…I did that with the NeverKinks 2 years ago…100 footers front and back of house…love them.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I buy my 3/4 inch no kink hoses at tractor supply. They also have extra “bracing” on each to ensure no kinking when pulling the hose when it’s hooked to the spigot.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

My neverkink from lowes didn’t last a year before one of the fittings fell off. Seems no matter what I buy it starts leaking somewhere, or an end fitting comes off, in about a 1 year time frame, if that. The last “lifetime guarantee” one I bought at walmart, and it started leaking at the fittings on both ends on day 2. All I use it for is boat washes in the driveway.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

quote:
Originally posted by andyb

My neverkink from lowes didn’t last a year before one of the fittings fell off. Seems no matter what I buy it starts leaking somewhere, or an end fitting comes off, in about a 1 year time frame, if that. The last “lifetime guarantee” one I bought at walmart, and it started leaking at the fittings on both ends on day 2. All I use it for is boat washes in the driveway.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Those hoses lose their gasket quite often, maybe check that!

The no kink from tractor supply are solid!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

yeah, not just the gasket. Where the hose is crimped to the fitting. Tractor Supply will be my next garden hose stop.

Are y’all talking about the lime green looking Flexzilla at Tractor Supply?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/flexzilla-garden-hose-5-8-in-x-100-ft-3-4-in-11-1-2-in-ght-fittings

I wish I knew what my last one was as it lasted 15 years. That Flexzilla is actually one I am looking at in addition to the Craftsman Premium.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I have flexzilla air hoses in my garage. They are amazing. But I actually bought the tractor supply brand no kink garden hose. $40 verse $130 for a 100ft 3/4” hose. And I’ve been very pleased with them. I have a total of 6 now and haven’t had any issues yet, and they get dragged around 12 acres almost every day. And I literally mean dragged. I have several rolling sprinklers, and you drag the hose to move the sprlinkler, so the connections get a beating.

Proline 201WA

Not to jack D’s thread, but you can’t have too much hose. A couple weeks ago my neighbor let a yard trash fire get away from him and that was a helluva mess until FD arrived. We didn’t have enough hose between the two of us. We do now.

I had a similar event happen. Then I built a trailer that holds a 400gallon water tank and a 160gpm 2 inch pump on it. Now I have a small fire fighting rig that gets towed by the tractor. It won’t put out a forest fire, but it will easily maintain a large fire until the authorities show up. It’s amazing how fast that bugger will dump 400 gallons of water if I only use the 2 inch hose.

Proline 201WA

I have had good luck with the industrial type at Sams! Bought the mobile hose reel and 3 125’ hoses for use with a pressure washer on job sites and my help never did tear them up! Hoses last a lot longer whe reeled up and out of the way put out of the weather in the winter.