Good news today.

So without breaking any confidentiality laws, on Friday I had to give CPR to a person at work and used an AED (defibrillator) to shock his heart 3 times. EMS came and took him to the hospital and got news today he is still alive. It’s a good feeling knowing I helped save someones life. Finally a good Monday.

Cool deal. I did CPR on an old fella when I was 19 or 20. He didn’t make it, but he was ate up with cancer. I’ve got death hands.

Great job, Rob. Everyone should know CPR. He’s glad you did:sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well done. Was it a coworker? He owes you forever now. A boss? Get a promotion!

I saved a buddy from choking on a French fry in college. It’s a pretty rewarding feeling. Since then I got CPR certification for work (construction). I hope other industries realize how important it is. IMO kids should have to have CPR training all four years of high school.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

quote:
Originally posted by Great White

Well done. Was it a coworker? He owes you forever now. A boss? Get a promotion!

I saved a buddy from choking on a French fry in college. It’s a pretty rewarding feeling. Since then I got CPR certification for work (construction). I hope other industries realize how important it is. IMO kids should have to have CPR training all four years of high school.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

Not really a co-worker, but they work in the same building. I am actually a CPR instructor which is why they came to get me to help.

2014 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

1995 Searay 175 Series

Good job for taking control and saving a live. I’m sure his family cant thank you enough.

Good deal, nice to hear!

Way to go Rob! Good on you for jumping in.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Good job! It’s always nice to read or hear about something good or positive. Thanks for sharing.

17’ Islander,
60hp Evinrude

That’s the good stuff! Unfortunately right after Church a close friend of my Dad’s got in his car to go home and fell out. CPR didn’t work this time around, but had 6 qualified working on him till EMS arrived on scene.

A great skill to have.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

That’s the good stuff! Unfortunately right after Church a close friend of my Dad’s got in his car to go home and fell out. CPR didn’t work this time around, but had 6 qualified working on him till EMS arrived on scene.

A great skill to have.

Man…sorry to hear that. That’s what iI thought about all weekend was coming into work this morning and hearing he didn’t make it.

1995 Searay 175 Series

quote:
Originally posted by RobMiller
quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

A great skill to have.

Man…sorry to hear that. That’s what iI thought about all weekend was coming into work this morning and hearing he didn’t make it.

1995 Searay 175 Series

Thanks, He was 82. Probably best way to go, no suffering. Him and Dad grew up together and enlisted in the Service together. Only a month apart in age. Best buds till the end.