Google Earth KML or KMZ files for reefs

MY puter crashed and now I can’t remember where I downloaded the SC offshore reef data from…tried Googling it and checked SCDNR website but came up empty…anybody remember off the top of your head where you can download these files from?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/marine/pub/seascience/reefloc.html

thanks for the info but I am looking for KML or KMZ files that you download into Google Earth that have all these coordinates…

Doesn’t have them all, but there are lots of available data layers here. About 2/3 down the page is reef links.
http://ocean.floridamarine.org/efh_coral/Description_Layers.htm

John

1996 Sunbird Spirit 170 - 112 Johnson
15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Bonzo, I will email you what you want tonight.

Closure Scorecard
16 (Grouper) RFA, FRA & clubs opposed; Pew, EDF, CCA supported
17B (kitty mitchell/warsaw & 240’ + seaward closed) RFA, FRA & clubs opposed; Pew, EDF, CCA supported
17A (Snapper & 98’-240’ closed) RFA, FRA & clubs opposed; Pew, EDF supported; CCA ?
www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

I just made a kmz of them. I just need a place to post them.

1996 Sunbird Spirit 170 - 112 Johnson
15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

Bonzo, I will email you what you want tonight

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

thanks Phin…if you would, please send them to carl.hitchcock@crhippconstruction.com and not through CF.com email…

Will look for the link to d load, can also d load kmz nautical chart overlays onto GE as well as topo maps. I’ve got the NOAA reefs and shipwrecks file and SC reefs, Bathymetric overlays for chas harbor, etc, etc… Sometimes allmost gets too much info on there and get lost in it, but GE is a great tool to use for trip planning and even while running with or wothout a internet connection. I drove across the country using GE as my only maps with a GPS plugged into it giving real time info and a wireless internet hookup, worked great.

There is also a add on program to GE that allows you to scan and save in a file detailed areas that one might be going to that one isnt able to get online once there, you set coords for the area while you are online and it scans and saves that area. It’s a free d load, called GE Voyager

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

Bonzo , stare into the picture long enough and you will find your information …

don’t mind if I do…thanks Fishingpox! just don’t ever delete it ok?

hahaha ok bonz, that was funny .

e mailed ya a bunch of diff kmz files

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

quote:
Originally posted by Top2Bottom1

e mailed ya a bunch of diff kmz files

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

thanks Russ…glad you put the “Penny’s shrimp dip” waypoint on there too! forgot how close she is to me…