Goose Creek Reservoir?

Anyone doing any good with the bass now? I fished the reservoir for the first time back a month or so ago (when the weather was still tolerable) and did great. On a couple trips we landed a dozen or so nice sized bass with the biggest over 5lbs (all released healthy). But over the past couple weekends I’ve been out there and on two trips only caught one. We caught those on worms, texas rigged, mostly around the lily pads. I changed up a bit last weekend and got one fish on a lipless crank bait. I just can’t figure out the pattern now that it’s so hot and the water temp is up to almost 90. Any suggestion by you guys who’ve fished this water in the past? I really like fishing there and would love to know where the bass at?
Thanks for any help.

It almost becomes a dusk and dawn thing at this point.

They’ll also school up chasing shad. You can follow them around and pick one or two off when they come up to bust the shad on the top.

Thanks man…I thought that may be the case. I fished hard from dawn till about 2:00 yesterday with every kind of bait…not one bite. I don’t think I got a single hit from a bass. Caught a nice crappie but that was not the target. I fished off the bank and in the deeper (9 ft) holes I could find and nothing. I’m laying off GCR till the water cools…maybe November. Very frustrating!

This time of year can be very productive there. Don’t fish in the heat and you’ll find fish…nearshore and offshore.

They feed in flurries.

Thanks Po Boy…all advice is welcome. I really lay low in the heat all-together. I’ll just look forward to Sept/Nov and get back out there and hit em hard.

I have been with you Brddog, I use to hang it up after late June, but found out I missed a lot. I go, but have learned not to beat a dead horse, just leave if they’re not active and it is miserable hot. Can’t catch anything with your bait out of the water. The best time to go fishing is when you can. Sorry about all the old platitudes.